Chapter 35 - Man's A Freak

Two days had passed since that ill-fated lunch date and in these two days Ishani had done nothing, but plunge herself in the NGO.

Although, she had been busy, still every time she closed her eyes she saw him. Sometimes out of nowhere she would hear him saying I love you in her ears.

Like now; she needed to check the list of supplies given by Jithu but she was thinking about him, about the way his arms would hold her, about the way he would smile at her.

And most of all, about the way he would touch her.

Dammit! Would you stop it, she reprimanded herself and then shook her head as she went back to the list in front.

She was thankful to Rudra about one thing; he hadn't tried to contact her at all in these two days. Even though she had taken the blocks off his number but still he hadn't called her.

Maybe he had finally given up.

Her heart jerked with this unhappy thought and she kept the list back in the drawer knowing well enough that working was definitely not possible.

She needed sleep.

For the past two nights, she had been staying over in the NGO and finally, it was taking its toll. But the moment she picked up her bag, her phone beeped signalling a message and just as she read it her every ounce of sleep was gone.

She finally had the money to pay off SGH.

Good, she will pay them and have a wonderful and peaceful sleep after that.

****************

Viman strode back to his office with a confused look.

Ishani had called requesting a meeting with him. But why? Why him? Why not Rudra?

He sat down and looked at the watch. Then, he pressed the intercom button and said the moment his secretary answered—

"Kanika, tell My Bhargava to come to SGH Aurora for the afternoon meeting. And, also cancel rest of my appointments. I'll be leaving in 30 minutes. Tell security to get the car ready."

Good that he asked Ishani to come to Aurora; he can also discuss the legal details for SGH Luminart with Rudra.

For the past two days, his brother hadn't left the hotel at all leaving him no other option but to meet him there.

Rudra looked at the laptop screen and tried to answer all the pending emails. But unfortunately, his mind and yes, his ever pestering inner-self kept nagging him about the situation with Ishani.

Well, yes he knew she hadn't gone back to her house for two days and yes he knew she had blocked his number initially but later unblocked it. However, he hadn't contacted her; not that he hadn't wanted to but had stopped himself as he actually wanted her to come to him.

Somehow he knew she would come back. Didn't know where he got this confidence from but he just knew.

Brushing away these thoughts, he concentrated on the email open in front and started answering it.

"You can't stop me. Let me go," he heard someone shout from the door of his hotel penthouse.

Not bothering as he knew his security will take care of it, he went back to his work.

"Tell him I am here and I want to see him. I give a damn if he is busy. Get him here now," that same voice shouted from the doorway.

Rudra's face hardened as the words reached his ears.

Nobody orders Rudraveer Sangawat.

"Manna!"

Manna came inside the room and closed the door.

"Sorry Hukum, we will handle it."

"I can see how well you guys are handling it," he snapped at him.

"Get him here!"

"But Hukum—"

"Get. Him. Here. NOW."

5 minutes later a figure clad in blue stepped inside the room and instantly Rudra turned away.

"Hi, brother dear!" Samar Sangawat said forcing a smile on his face.

When Rudra did not answer he jumped straight to the point.

"Where is my money?"

The moment he heard Samar, his jaw clenched with fury.

"You are not getting any."

Samar's eyes turned red with rage as he heard Rudra.

"That's not yours alone, you adopted bastard."

Rudra whirled and closed the space between them within seconds. As Samar cringed a bit, he clutched his collar and started to drag him out of the door.

Just as he reached the drawing room of his penthouse suite, he threw him on the floor with full force.

Samar skidded through half the length of the floor and landed right at Viman's feet as he entered through the door.

"What the hell!" he exclaimed as he helped Samar to his feet.

"This man is a freak," Samar said to Viman trying his best to act innocent.

"Samar, don't push it. And, what are you doing here?"

"I needed some money. That's what I asked him for and look what he did."

"Go and wait in the lobby. I'll get it," Viman replied as he tried to shove Samar out of the door but somehow he kept looking at man standing in the middle of the room.

Rudra's anger rose with every passing second as he watched their banter. Then, suddenly he remembered how Samar's father had done.

And, he lost it.

Viman saw him striding up to Samar and instantly came between them.

"Rudra! Let it be, please."

"SHUT UP!"

The moment he reached them, Rudra flicked his hand inside Manna's belt holster and pulled out his gun. And then, he pulled the slide and let it go. Just as one round chambered, he pointed it straight at Samar's head between his eyes.

Manna instantly placed his hand on his arm trying to restrain him but he was shoved away.

"You are not getting a single penny from this company."

"Rudra, please calm down," Viman implored as he came beside him.

"You can't kill me. I am family."

"Family? You are not my family. You never were and you never will be," said Rudra with clenched teeth.

"He killed them. I saw it with my own eyes."

Samar's father's filthy lie played in his mind and for once he knew he would never regret killing this man.

"Rudra, please let go," Viman again pleaded.

But his finger was already on the verge of pulling the trigger. 

Copyright © Paromita Majumder. All Rights Reserved.

Image Courtesy: Pinterest