21. Raging Feelings

-----------

-----------

Christiel Alsos - Found

"I somehow found
Something I
I didn't know."

"WHY IS DAMON DOWN THERE WITH ELENA?" Stefan questioned when he walked into Holden's room to find his older brother lying in bed. Holden was staring at the ceiling, listening to any sound except for the one coming from the cellar.

"Why not?" he finally spoke before raising his head up at Stefan, who raised his arms up in confusion so Holden sat up before sighing. "I'm done for a while, Stefan. I was this close to getting her back, but Izzie—" he then paused when Stefan raised his eyebrows up. "I'm not mad at Izzie for coming at the wrong time. How could she know Elena was close to coming back... It's just that I could see it in Elena's eyes. She wanted to come back."

Stefan nodded his head. "Well, the things you said were pretty convincing," he cleared his throat as Holden looked away with a brooding face. "I get it, Holden. You miss her. More than anyone I suppose, but giving up won't do the job."

"I haven't given up, Stefan," Holden snapped before getting out of bed and walking to stand in front of him. "I'm just letting Damon deal with her because he'll actually do the job. All I see is Elena, the Elena I fe—" he then paused before shaking his head. "All I'm saying is that—"

"Stop walking on egg shells around me, Holden," Stefan commented and his calm tone surprised Holden. He was still a little guilty for the way things worked out. But Stefan was seen  as if he already forgot. "I get it, you love Elena. So go to the girl you love and try again."

Stefan then turned on his heel and left Holden's room as Holden frowned slightly.

Downstairs, Damon was in the cellar, playing some mind games with Elena, but they were a bit more easier than Holden's. Holden said it himself: she was close, they just needed more push. A factor that would make her turn it on. "You still have her locked in the safe?" Stefan spoke so Damon didn't answer. "I have no idea why Holden let you do this. You've been in her head for an hour. Still nothing?"

"It's a little hard when all the deep one's were already created by Holden," Damon snapped dully as he glanced up at Stefan. "I have no idea how she got through them."

"Almost," Stefan added as he thought of Izzie interrupting. He knew how sad and embarrassed Izzie was, he could practically hear her toss and turn in her bed all night long. She just wanted Holden to forgive her.

"How you doing in there?" Damon asked before unlocking the safe and opening the door. Elena was inside it, looking weak and barely conscious. Damon then pulled her out. "Come on."

Elena suddenly fell to the ground so Damon crouched down in front of her. "Is the old you ready to come out and play?" he asked as Stefan watched.

"Go to hell," she whispered as Damon made a face as he smiled tightly.