19. Something Left

-----------

-----------

Lord Huron - The Night We Met

"I had all and then most of you
Some and now none of you
Take me back to the night we met
I don't know what I'm supposed to do."

IZZIE AND DAMON BOTH FELT INCREDIBLY MESSED UP. When the three brothers came back to Mystic Falls, Holden just locked himself in his room, ignoring everyone, except Stefan at times, who did try to help Damon fix the problem.

But days went by with Elena being on a leash and Holden not speaking to a heartbroken Izzie. She couldn't even look at Damon without feeling like she killed Holden's once loving soul.

Another day came, another day for Holden to ignore his siblings and Izzie. She was sitting on their couch, wrapped in a blanket as she watched Damon, whom she still had feelings for throw a football at Stefan. "How long's it been?" Damon then questioned as his eyes continuously continued darting on Izzie. "Eight, nine days?"

Stefan furrowed his eyebrows as he caught the ball then threw it back at Damon. "Are you talking about Elena or Holden?" he asked as Damon gave Stefan a look. "Yeah, eight or nine days for both. I don't know, I lost count."

Izzie sighed deeply, resting her head on the couch. "If we lost count of the consecutive days in which Elena has not killed anyone, I'd say that's a progress," she spoke calmly as Damon smiled to himself before throwing the ball to Stefan.

"But if we are talking about Holden, it's no good," Stefan added, pressing the new 'love birds' to actually talk to Holden rather than avoid him just as much. "Or what? We gonna throw the football around for another 150 years till Elena gets her humanity back and Holden finally forgives you? Because I'm cool with that."

Damon rolled his eyes. "She doesn't want the cure. She's gonna start killing if she knows we're still trying to get it for her."

Stefan nodded his head at that. "All right. We could always, ah, make her want it," he smiled so Izzie chuckled at Damon's expression.

"Yeah, how're you gonna make an emotionless vampire want anything?" he questioned as he heard someone walk in.

Everyone looked to their sides to see Holden entering the room. He nodded at Stefan broodily as if Damon and Izzie were ghosts that he couldn't see. "Get her to flip her humanity switch," Stefan trailed off, watching Holden pour himself a glass of bourbon.

Damon glanced at Izzie, who stared at Holden with a huge frown. He wanted to stake Elena for telling Holden about them like that. He wanted to wait to do so himself.