20. Mind Games Won't Work

-----------

-----------

Seafret - Atlantis

"It's in my heart and in my head
You can't take back the things you said."

HOLDEN STARED AT ELENA, WHO WAS LOCKED IN THE CELLAR. Her breathing was labored before he frowned slightly and closed the cell before walking up to see Damon and Stefan talking. "She's the calmest desiccating vampire I've ever seen," Damon commented dully as his eyes landed on Holden, who still hadn't forgiven them.

At least he was talking, which made Damon a bit relieved. "I remember when you starved me down there for three days. I would've wept at your feet for an orange peel."

"Look, she's not gonna beg for blood," Stefan explained seriously as Holden sat down on the couch, thinking. "Begging means desperation, emotion. She's still in no-humanity zone."

"How hungry does she have to be before we can torture some feelings back into her?" Damon asked curiously as Holden snickered.

"A lot hungrier, apparently," he mused as Damon narrowed his eyes at his younger brother.

"So what are we supposed to do in the meantime?" Damon asked in annoyance as Holden heard someone walk in.

He groaned lowly. "Oh, great, Katherine," he mused without even checking who walked in.

The Pierce girl walked in with a smirk. "Hello, Holden," she chuckled before kissing his cheek. Holden didn't even budge at that as he looked at his brothers in annoyance. "Maybe I can provide a little excitement."

"Katherine..." Stefan trailed off with a sarcastic smile as Katherine smiled at her one and true love.

"The one and only..." she then paused with a grimace. "Sort of. So, when's the Welcome Home party?" she asked proceeding to pour herself a drink.

"Wow, look who went and got bold," Damon said calmly as he watched her. "Last time I checked, Klaus was plotting your eternal demise."

"Well, it doesn't matter anymore, because Klaus is gone," Katherine commented causing everyone to look at her in shock.

"Wait, gone?" Holden asked while shaking his head so Katherine smirked his way.

"Let's just say that werewolf girl, Hayley, turned out to be just the thing we needed to get Klaus out of our lives— for good," she then smiled before taking a sip of her drink.