14. Good Night To Dance

-----------

-----------

Ed Sheeran - Give Me Love

"Give a little time to me or burn this out
We'll play hide and seek to turn this around
All I want is the taste that your lips allow
My, my, my, my, oh give me love."

IT WAS SUNNY THAT DAY. Elena was in her house with a huge frown on her face when she saw that Holden wasn't with his brothers when they came to see her. She closed the door, then offered them something to drink.

The three were in the kitchen talking about her meeting with the Noble Original brother. "It was their mother Esther who was sealed in that coffin," Elena commented so the two looked at her in shock.

"As in the Original Witch?" Stefan asked her calmly so she nodded her head to the Salvatore.

"What?" Damon snapped as he leaned on the kitchen counter. "How is she even alive? Thought her hybrid freak show of a son ripped her heart out a thousand years ago."

Elena shrugged her shoulders glancing to the door once again. Both of them noticed her longing eyes and knew she was probably waiting for their brother. "I don't know," Elena looked back to Stefan. "I'm guessing she has a couple connections in the witching community. Elijah said that she wants to live in peace with her family, including Klaus."

Stefan pursed his lips in disappointment. "She was supposed to be the weapon to help us kill Klaus."

"Well, not anymore..." Elena trailed off as her eyes darted to the door once again. Stefan sighed and wanted to speak, but the girl continued. "At least not according to Elijah."

"That coffin was the only thing stopping Klaus from tearing us to shreds," Stefan mused so Damon decided to tell Elena the harsh truth.

"He's not coming, Elena," the reckless brother grumbled so she glanced at him, trying to act out confusion, though it was obvious of whom he was talking about. "I wouldn't be surprised if he left town by now."

"What do you mean?" it was Stefan, who asked him that question. "What did you do?"

Damon rolled his eyes at Stefan's thinking it was him, who had connection to Holden's state. "Nothing! Well, not now, at least," he added causing Stefan to glare at him. "Holden and I had a big talk last night. Apparently he's..."

Before Damon could continue a doorbell rang so Elena glanced at the brothers before walking over to the door and opening. Holden was standing there to her surprise. An envelope was in his hand as he walked in without saying a word to her. "Found it on your doorstep," he mused giving her the envelope so Elena took it into her hands with shocked eyes. "Hello."