18. Trading Stakes

-----------

-----------

Florence + The Machine - Bedroom Hymns

" 'Cause this is his body
This is his blood
Such selfish prayers
And I can't get enough."

IT WAS MORNING. The warmth filled Elena when she walked into a building while carrying breakfast for Alaric. She knocked onto his door and got confused when Damon opened the door instead of the teacher. "Morning," he smirked playfully as she nodded her head.

"Hey, how's Alaric?" the girl questioned curiously trying to enter the apartment but Damon closed the door slightly to block her way.

"Indecent, but fine," Damon commented with a small shrug as Elena furrowed her eyebrows because she wanted to walk in.

"So then, does that mean there were no issues last night?" she asked once again with a concerned frown on her face as Holden also approached the door and opened it slightly so he could see her. "Holden?"

"He slept like a baby, woke up being his old self," Holden told her before smiling. "No need at killing all the Council members."

Elena saw how both of them looked and mused. "Then why do I feel like you both are hiding something from me?" she accused so Damon and Holden exchanged a look.

"Well, maybe because you're being all paranoid and control freaky," Damon noticed the bag in her hands. "What'd you bring me?"

Elena went to answer but he grabbed the bag and sniffed it. "Ooo, chocolate muffins. You know what they say; a way to a psycho killer's heart is through his stomach," he teased so Elena snapped her bag back.

Holden gazed at the girl as she looked at Damon in annoyance. "They're not for you," she snapped.

"Hmm, you're still mad at us," Holden commented as an amused smirk appeared on his face so Elena looked at Holden, telling him that she wasn't that really.

"Indeed. But sadly, Ric's gonna have to miss Elena time today," Damon added so Elena sighed. "You know lockdown and all."

The Gilbert girl just sighed before looking at Holden. "Just take it and give it to him and tell him that I miss him, okay?" she questioned handing Holden the muffins in the bag.

Holden nodded. "Okay."

"Please."

Damon then started to shut the door on her. "Have a great day, thanks for coming by," he mused and Holden could hear Elena say half of his name as Damon closed the door.