6. A Little Crazy Never Hurt No One

-----------

-----------

Sleeping At Last - Light

"I will rearrange the stars
Pull 'em down to where you are
I promise, I'll do better
With every heartbeat I have left
I'll defend your every breath."

JEREMY WAS LYING ON THE COUCH. His eyes were closed as Elena paced around, shock still evident on her face. She killed him. She jabbed a knife into her brother's neck without any thought.

Elena glanced at the Salvatores, except Stefan. "I can't believe this happened," she exclaimed as she noticed something off about them. Damon was standing as far away from Holden as possible. He didn't even say a word when they came. He was really angry about something. "What am I going to say to him?"

"Thanks for not ditching the family ring after it drove Ric crazy?" Damon commented dully as Elena glared at him.

Holden then furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at her. "Why didn't you call Stefan?" he asked so Elena's glare went to him.

"I don't want to talk to him. He's been lying to me and hiding things from me," she answered bitterly. "He compelled Jeremy to forget God knows what."

Damon rolled his blue sleepless eyes. "In all fairness, I mean, I think you killing him kinda trumps that," he said as Holden felt still worried about Elena killing Jeremy like that. "And you should have called Stefan."

"Now you agree with me?" Holden snapped suddenly but Damon didn't even turn his head back, giving Holden silent treatment. Izzie was out of town and Damon felt furious.

Elena shook her head. "I don't trust him right now," she whispered and in that moment Stefan walked inside with a worried look on his face.

"Hey," he said and Elena quickly looked at him, her eyes going wide.

"PS, I called Stefan," Damon smirked as Stefan walked over to Elena before trying to hug her but she just pulled away.

"What happened? Why did you call me?" Stefan asked Damon, but Elena just started heading out of the room. She was feeling lightheaded.

"I just- I just need to go upstairs and shower," she said as everyone looked at her. "Clean all the blood off my hands."

The Gilbert girl then left the room. Holden just heard a heartbeat before Jeremy came back to life while gasping. "Welcome back," Stefan walked over to him as Jeremy sat up with overwhelmed eyes. "How are you feeling?"