11. The Psycho

-----------

-----------

Amber Run - No Answers

"I saw you
And I knew you
Because you still smile in the same way
And I found you."

WHEN ELENA AND HOLDEN DROVE TO THE GILBERT LAKE HOUSE THEY GOT SURPRISED. Not only no one was there, they could hear yells and screams coming from the woods.

Izzie was running alone, scared for her life when suddenly a turned vampire bit her in the arm. She screamed loudly from pain but then Jeremy shot the vampire with his bow.

He ran towards the girl he already considered a friend before kneeling besides her. "Are you okay?" he asked worriedly before applying some fabric from his own shirt onto her bleeding arm.

"I'm perfect," Izzie breathed out as Matt ran up to them. He saw Jeremy helping Izzie stand up and looked around frantically before stopping.

There were a lot of vampires outside because Klaus turned them to Jeremy could kill and that his mark would grow quicker. "You okay, Matt?" Izzie asked as she let go of Jeremy.

"Yeah, I just need a second," the human boy nodded but Jeremy only glared at him.

"We don't have a second," the hunter snapped angrily. "They can smell Izzie's blood. We need to go."

Suddenly Jeremy heard something behind him before turning to the cause of sound swiftly. He held his bow up but it was only Damon, who deflected the bow. "Don't hesitate!" he hissed before his eyes moved towards Izzie, who held onto her arm. "You're lucky it was me. Otherwise you three would be dead. Hey, are you okay?"

Izzie only nodded her head. She was quite angry Damon let Klaus intervene so now they were running for their life. She wanted a sun to rise as never. "You set us up," Jeremy snapped, furious at Damon.

"I was trying to get this thing over with," Damon defended himself as Izzie rolled her eyes as she checked her wound before bitting her lip. "You're the one that pissed off Klaus. Now you have to fight your way out of it."

Matt nodded his head. "All right, where are the other vampires?"

Damon's icy blue eyes went onto him as he tried not to smell Izzie's blood. "They're newbies. They're still trying to figure out how to track, which means you have two seconds to get ready to fight," he commented before walking over to stand as close to Izzie as possible. "You stay close to me. God help us Holden will end my life if something happens to you."