10. Back In School

-----------

-----------

Seafret - Be There

"So be there when I need you most
Be there, whenever I'm alone
Together, will we grow old? I can't leave you
I can't leave you."

ELENA PUSHED HOLDEN INSIDE THE GILBERT HOUSE BEFORE KISSING HIM. He grabbed her thighs before she jumped on him as the two hit the wall. She pulled away from their kiss before staring at his eyes in lust.

Holden only kissed her again as he rushed them inside her room. The doors flied open as Holden lied Elena on the bed before kissing her.

The two were finally happy and nothing could've ruined that. Except a phone call. "Don't answer," Holden told her so Elena nodded but then it turned into a voicemail.

Caroline was the one talking as she sobbed. "Elena... Carol—Tyler's mom is dead," the blonde vampire exclaimed in despair making Holden and Elena pull away from their kissing.

Elena's eyes widened wildly as Holden got off of her. Elena grabbed her phone before looking at Holden in shock. "They found her near a fountain, she was drowned... Elena, call me as soon—"

The Gilbert girl turned the voicemail off as Holden stared at Elena. "Oh my God," Elena whispered so Holden walked over to her before wrapping his arms around her.

Elena hugged him back, squeezing her eyes shut over another loss.

When morning came, Elena had to go to school so Holden came back home. Stefan wasn't there making Holden a little relieved. He showered, changed his clothes and then decided to inform Damon.

Holden poured himself a drink but before he could call Damon, his phone rang. Elena was the one calling so he smiled before answering the call. "How are you?" he asked immediately but the voice wasn't Elena's.

"I'm very good, thank you," Rebekah said in clearly good mood, making Holden widen his eyes. He was worried about Elena.

"Why do you have Elena's phone?" Holden questioned angrily as he put his glass down before staring ahead of him.

Rebekah sighed longingly. "I knew I missed your voice," she chuckled and then snickered. "You should've seen Elena's face right now. Oh well, you still can. Come to school—"

"Don't!" Elena's voice was heard but that only made Holden move towards the door.

"I have Stefan, your lovely Elena, and blondie here. Just come, Holden, and they will be fine," Rebekah said before hanging up.