9. Can't Pretend

-----------

-----------

Nothing But Thieves - If I Get High

"I'll meet you at the divide
To break the spell
A point where two worlds collide
Yeah, we'll rebel."

"PORTLAND IS FANTASTIC," Klaus smiled as he talked with Stefan through the phone. "Once you get over the whiny music and healthy looking people it is literally a breeding ground for werewolves."

"Your father is dead," Stefan said as he looked at his brothers and Elena, all looking back at him.

"What did you just say to me?" Klaus sneered lowly causing Holden to roll his eyes.

"Oh, my mistake. Not your actual father and not dead. Mikael," the Salvatore mused dully. "Daggered. What do you want me to do with the body?"

"Well, first I want you to explain to me exactly what happened?" Klaus demanded from the other side.

An hour earlier:

Stefan was pacing around the room as they formed a plan to lure Klaus back to Mystic Falls and kill him. "Aye, let's say that Mikael followed Elena in here. He tried to grab her, so he could use her as bait," Stefan said looking at the three people.

"And you what? Vervained him?" Elena asked bitterly as the youngest brother glared at her.

Holden noticed their looks and sighed. "No, we vervained him! This guy is an Original. To make it realistic," Damon spoke as he smiled sarcastically.

"Okay, fine. We vervained him, and in the process discovered that he had a dagger," Stefan mused as he stopped walking.

"Which he planned to use on Rebekah, but instead..." Elena began but Holden finished for her.

"We drove it through his heart," he said while taking a sip of his drink.

Elena nodded then furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "And what happens when he asks to see Mikael's body?" she asked turning her head to Holden, who nodded as well.

"That's a good point," he praised before walking around the table and standing next to Elena and Damon. "Stefan, you have been compelled by Klaus to do as he says. So in the idea of luring him back here and killing him... We don't want you telling the truth."

Stefan scoffed but all the three people stared at him seriously. "Well, don't look at me. I am just in charge of getting him back here."