Chapter 45

"Did you see that?" Giovanni asks his mate.

Not knowing what to tell him in return Marisa sighs as she nods quietly.

"Do you think we should talk to her? I mean I know what she is going through but this behavior of hers isn't acceptable, you know that right?" he asks her again.

Marisa turns around her mate who has been bugging her the moment they saw Erika running out of the house. She really has no clue what to tell him that will make his any less guilty than he already is.

"Let Enzo handle her. I don't think any one of them will like if we interfere, especially you. We don't want the repeat of the last time, right?" she passes him the coffee and rubs his arms slightly.

Giovanni sighs dejectedly settling the coffee mug on the table before looking at his mate.

"I know, but I can't help but worry what's going on between them. It's like the same thing every time between them and I want it to stop"

"Give them some time Enzo isn't kid anymore he can handle things well enough and if I find it's not going in right track I will step in no matter what" Marisa assures him.

"I know you will but she has to learn not everything goes her way and I know the news of pup coming was the last blow she needed. I don't even want to know what else she will do in name of jealousy. She needs to get a grip on herself one way or another"

Giovanni worries about Erika's lack of behavior tonight. Things weren't so well between Enzo and her anyone can see that there is always a sort of tension going on between them.

Enzo may not tell him but Giovanni knows his son well enough that it's taking a lots of energy out of him to look out for Erika and handle her.

"May be if you tell her the whole truth then...?" Marisa suggest

"Maria!" Giovanni growls angrily.

Marisa lowers her head not in submission but the emotion that swirl around her as the forbidden name was out of her mate's mouth.

"Oh shit, I'm sorry sweetheart. I didn't mean to say that, you know how I get when this topic comes out. Please forgive me" he begs taking his mate in his arms.

"It's okay, I know. It's just it's been so long I haven't heard someone call me that name. It's just like yesterday but 25 years have already passed since that incident and I still can't make myself strong enough when I remember that day" she whispers as tears streams down her face and on to Giovanni's shirt.

"Whatever was done is now long gone, buried, you don't ever have to worry about it. No one has to till I'm alive" Giovanni promises.

"We won't be around forever Gio, and then, what? Will our kids be immune to the mistakes we made in the past, isn't Enzo suffering enough with the choices we made? What about the pups that hasn't even seen this world yet? I may not say anything to any of you but I know what's going on Gio. You don't have to hide it from me...

You think I don't see the storm that's coming our way? You think I can't sense the disaster it is bringing to our family slowly but certainly?" she looks into Gio's eyes to find it's harden in rage, but it's not towards her.

"I said I'll handle it, no one has to worry. I can still protect my family and sons if you have any doubts on me Maria then let me tell you no one dare will touch a hair of any of my sons or my family. Those pup will see this world with us beside them to protect and I'll make sure all of yours happiness is sealed to never fade away before I take my last breathe" he vows to her.

Marisa shakes her head as she hears him out.

"You can never fight your fate Gio no matter what. And it's been sealed decades ago, we all..."