Chapter 20

Hi, I'm extremely sorry for the late update hope you all enjoy it!

Erika tries to apply for every place she finds vacancy but her still being in high school and off season no one takes the risk. Now that she has few dollars left she doesn't know how she will take care of both of them.

"Good morning Gio" she coos as the baby wakes up and starts to fuss. "OK! OK! I'm changing your diapers no need to get angry" she grumbles as she change it and let him drink the bottle himself. He gurgles as coos after he finishes the bottle.

"Oh now your mood is good" she tickles him but he grabs her hair and pull it. "Ouch that hurts!" she glares at him as he claps his hand in joy. "Ok buddy enough of the games now time for shower" she picks him up but he starts screaming.

"Stop it you stink!" She sets him in the empty tub before bringing the warm water in a pot and starting to wash his body all the while he screams like she is about to deep fry him. As she put the water he starts and when she puts it back he stops.

She sighs "I know your acts by now, so don't try to fool me lil Guy" she warns and he stops as she wash him. When he is all cleaned up, she put him in some clean clothes which are a bit short to him.

"I just got this like last week for you and I can't believe how fast you are growing up! Does a kid even grow up this fast?" she looks at him in amusement. "Well then the faster you grow up it's easier for me to do less work" she says happily.

The door bell rings and she gets up to check who is it? "Hello, Erika how you been?" Josh asks as he enters the house. He takes the lil Gio in his arms before handing her some burgers "I was passing by so thought to check on you two." he smiles.

Josh has been coming once a while to check on them after she left the station two weeks ago and still there is no any missing child reports. He has been generous enough to bring some food for both of them when he visits. She offers him a glass of water and takes a seat.

"So you got any jobs yet?" he asks and she shakes her head. "So, isn't your graduation like next week?" he asks making her sigh.

"No it's still a week away and I don't think I may be able to attend it. Anyway I have enough credits to pass my exams so, I'm good" she says.

"Well I need to go now. You two try to be safe ok?" he says his bye before leaving. As she walks to Gio there is a knock on the door she smiles opening the door.

"Relax Josh we will be" she stops as she sees it's not Josh but some woman she never met. "Yes?" she asks and the woman looks at her up and down.

"Erika?" she asks and Erika nods. "Can I come in?" the woman asks. Erika hesitates before letting her in. The woman gets in looking in the house and turning to Erika "I'm Rose. I was your mother's friend" the woman introduces herself to Erika.

Erika looks at her uncomfortably "I'm sorry to hear about your mother. I can't believe it, she was fine when we last met each other and now suddenly" Rose gets interrupted by Erika "Can I get you something?" she asks.

Rose smiles "I understand if you don't want to talk about her" Erika nods before moving towards Gio and taking him in her arms, he coos as knowing she is sad.

"Who is he?" Rose asks pointing to Gio. Erika smiles "Gio" Rose looks a bit taken back before composing herself.

"Is that yours?" Rose asks and Erika shakes her head. "No um I found him a few weeks ago and I can't find his parents so till then I'm looking after him." Rose nods "So um is there anything you wanted to talk about?" Erika asks.

Rose takes a seat before speaking "I know life must be hard to you after your mother and now that the kid is with you, I'm worried how you are managing all this" she says looking around.