Chapter 50

Crystal puts the tray of cookies on the table when the door to her book store chimes. Smiling she stands straight to greet her guests she has been waiting all day long.

"Hello" she greets as both Erika and Gio looks around the store to search

"Hi" Gio waves shyly while Erika smiles at Crystal

"Come on. You two must be hungry after that fight you had" she gestures to the seat and the muffins she made for them

Both Gio and Erika look at each other first then at Crystal stunned.

"How did you know?" Erika asks in awe

"Oh, it's simple, the moment you walked in I could see you two had a pretty heavy day. And having a witch blood run in the family you get some perks out of it" she winks playfully at them

Erika puts Gio on the sofa before she takes one herself. They both look at yummy looking muffins before nodding at each other and taking some handfuls of it.

Crystal smiles as they both finish the whole tray in few seconds. They are so alike shame Gio wasn't Erika's son but then again life wouldn't be so interesting if he was her son.

Perhaps fate had some other plans for them.

"Thank you. We both were really hungry all we had was ice cream" Erika grins

"Actually, Eri forgot to take money with her and all we had was enough for ice cream" Gio glares at Erika and she doesn't stay away giving him an equal glare of her own.

"Okay, I don't want any fights in here. My store is very precious to me so no any anger and show of power" she warns both of them with a sweet smile.

Gio blushes shyly before looking on his lap. Crystal smiles once again looking at the shy lil Rom, who would have thought Rom, would have such an amazing boy.

"It's okay Gio. I'm not angry or scolding you but you do realize that Erika could have got hurt with what you did, right? So, next time no display of powers in front of anyone until it's a very dire need. We don't want someone else to come after your mother or Erika so they can harm you through them, right?" she asks him softly to let him know she isn't angry at him at all.

"It won't happen again I promise. I'm sorry" he apologizes still looking at his lap

Crystal shakes her head before walking to him and lifting his chin up.

"Never bow down your head in front of anyone. You have a Royal blood running into you so be careful to whom you bow down to. We Royals always have our head held high and you dear are son to Romano and Vivian Reid the two most powerful couples you can ever see never forget that fact...

Always look in to the eyes while you speak whether it is something you are guilty or ashamed of or you are proud of" she ruffles his hair lovingly.

Gio beams up as he hears it and pokes her cheeks once more.

"Uh, not again" Erika sighs making Crystal laugh

"It's okay, I know you are curious little one but this is a part of me that you can't play with. We don't want her to wake up now, do we?" she teases him and he just nods at her in awe before lightly touching her right cheek.

"It's beautiful" he whispers

"Uh, I don't like the way you two are talking about in codes. I feel left out once again" Erika complains making Gio sigh and take his hand off of Crystal.

"So, for what do I have a pleasure to see you both here?" she asks Erika

"Well, first thing first. I still didn't have the answer to my question yesterday" she asks sheepishly wondering if she upset the former queen.