Chapter 26

"Eri, Gio Park" Gio says pointing to the TV where he sees the kids playing in the park and she smiles nodding.

"Okay Gio, Erika will take you there"

He seems satisfied after that before he gets down and runs to his room bringing his drawing book and he lands it in her lap.

"Gio mama" he tells before showing her his drawing which is of her holding Gio.

"Awe Gio, it's beautiful but Gio I'm not your mama" she states as she watches his expression.

He pulls the drawing away from her before throwing it away.

"No, Eri Gio mama" he yells angrily.

So, she kneels in front of him trying to make him understand what she was going to say.

"Gio, No. Erika is not Gio's mama okay?" she says softly but he just looks at her angrily before folding his little arms pouting.

She smiles seeing him like that. "Gio your mama is not here but she will come and take you okay?"

But no matter what she tells him he won't understand, how can she not be his mama if she was the only person he has seen and who takes care of him all the time? He has seen enough T.V. to know that the one woman who cooks food when you are kid and looks after you all the time is your mother.

Not believing she isn't his mama he cries as he hugs her tightly, all the kids he has seen has someone with them they call mama. He too has someone who loves him and look after him so she is her mama.

"No, Eri is Gio mama. No leave me. NO" he wails.

"I won't leave, so don't cry please!"

The tears that stream down his face breaks her heart so she wipes it away as she tries to comfort him as much as possible. No matter what he thinks the truth is she isn't his mother and the sooner he knows it the better for both of them.

Trying to cheer him up she throws him up in the air, he giggles happily before she catches him twirling him around.

Erika hasn't lost the hope that one day his parents will find him and then Gio will leave her, he isn't a normal kid and someday someone will come to take him.

It may be his parents or someone who is his kind but all she can pray is that he doesn't get in the hand of someone who will use him. She needs him to prepare for it so when he leaves her side he won't be heartbroken.

She wouldn't have been happier than being his mother but she is not and its better that he knows it from her.

She settles Gio on his bed before moving to her room as she opens her laptop and search about the people who was her 2nd family all her life.

It seems she has been missing them too much lately. Just like Gio may be she does too want her parents with her.

As the pictures of the Antonio's shows up in the screen she smiles. She has been feeling home sick lately, terribly missing their company. Going through the pictures of all of them she feels a bit better.

The twins looks good as their mates are in their arms. They look happy may be Enzo was right if she just disappear may be it would do well to the boys, but she can't help but miss them a lot.

They haven't been away from each other from the day they have met till now. She wonders if the boys are missing her too and worried if they found she wasn't there to trouble them.

Enzo's words had hurt her more than she can explain or express. She always liked him may be on the way she had started to have more strong feelings for him, that's why it hurt more when he said all those cruel words.