48. The Late Guests...

Angel's POV;

Dinner was set late. More late than usual. The clock had already chimed 10 and we started to arrive to the dinner hall in pairs.

All except Xavier were here, Christina in the seat besides the end of the table with Mia in the seat next and me in front. Zayn and Ryan were busy setting the table with the food Christina and I had prepared around 6. These days, food was made earlier than it was ever eaten.

Mia was too bed ridden since the start of her pregnancy to help cook, symptoms such as sudden dizziness, fatigue and nonstop waves of nauseous wearing her down at any given point of the day. Dr.O'Brien assured it was nothing to stress about, that she'd be okay and that it would take her body longer to adjust to the child developing in her womb.

The boys would be spend relentless hours at work in their office, coming home at random hours -sometime never, sleeping in their office and coming home the day after. At first I was furious with Ryan. We fought, but in the end after seeing the stream of tears from my eyes he promised he wouldn't do such a thing again.

Ryan was never pushy or strict about anything unlike his two brothers, he was just here for it all. When I'd wake up heaving my insides into the bowl of the toilet as early as 4 in the morning, he'd be here in the washroom holding my hair away and soothing my back, kissing my disgustingly tasting lips which I had thrown up with before putting me to bed again.

Though Christina was the most pregnant looking from us three, her baby bump the size of a underdeveloped watermelon, we looked after her the most. Xavier was usually never around long, always in some sort of meeting or away in some other Pack to discussing the growing crisis of dead burnt Pack members. The number of dead exceeding more than the number of missing.

Dinner was awfully silence like always but something was off today. Everyone felt it. As if we were all anxious, restless about something ominous coming our way yet we never said anything with each other. Ryan and Zayn especially.

Those two were as if they both had a war waging inside them. They were always fidgeting even in their seats, meeting each other's eye with dangerous glances. Something in my gut told me they were withdrawing important information about this strange tension we were all experiencing as of the moment.

"My love," Xavier had around the threshold to the living room, tie undone, coat hung behind him with his finger, wearing a warily smile. He bent down to peck her cheek, his eyes brightening from seeing the glow of affection in her eyes in his direction as he took his seat the end of the table. Zayn and Ryan had also sat down.

We had just picked the silverware when the door bell went off with sudden urgency. Everyone tensed, looking at one another. This was our farmhouse on the edge of the borders of the SilverRose's and RedBlood's Packs. Everyone in the Pack knew to not come here unless it was of grave urgency. Although, only the boys' Betas knew of us being here.

"Stay here." Xavier tightened his hand around Christina's worried fist before getting up. Soon Zayn and Ryan followed, Mia, Christina and I left seated on the table. Only a moment had passed when Christina rose, ready to go down the hall the boys went. "Christina!"

"Oh hush child! Just because Xavier was the sperm donor doesnt make him the boss of me!"

Shaking our head, me and Mia followed. I kept a hand locked with her in cause her dizziness decided to make an reappearance. Hand in hand we waddle our way to the front. "Nora!"

"Nora!" I exclaim, sweeping forward from Mia when Ryan caught me by the wrist. He held a firm grip from letting me move forward. Nora was unconsciously mumbling, sweat glistening her head and wetting her long hair back in Damon's Beta's arms. She appeared in pain, her lips morphed into a frown, groaning and tossing restlessly, gasping for every breathe she drew.