CHAPTER 38

"Those are some beautiful flowers that a very loving boyfriend was so considerate to give you." Mitch says, squeezing me tighter in his arms. I laughed.

"I've already told you that I love them. They're beautiful." I smile, moving my head to look up at him.

Today was officially our two month anniversary. Valentine's Day was a few days ago, and I told Mitch I wasn't up to do anything extravagant. I woke up on the 14th to a huge bouquet of beautiful flowers at my door and a box of chocolate strawberries. I was such a big flower person that I got emotional just seeing them, displaying them in my dorm room. I ate the strawberries fairly quickly. We spent the night in, laying on my bed watching a movie.

Today, Mitch had woken me up with two McDonald's coffees. Last week, I caved in and gave him his own key to my room so that he'd stop making me get out of bed so early. This came in handy today, when I slept in until 11. He had just finished practice and came by with the coffees. We were cuddling on my bed, our favourite hobby, talking about everything and nothing at all.

There was a knock at the door. I wasn't expecting anyone, the only people who usually came to my room were Anna and her current guy, obviously, and Mitch. "Can you get it?" I mumbled.

"Me?" He scoffed. "There's no way I'm getting up." He chuckles. But before either of us can get up, the door opens, and in walks Alex.

"Oh." He says once he sees us. Both Mitch and I reluctantly sit up. "Sorry. Didn't mean to interrupt."

"Oh my god, I haven't seen you in forever! Come here." I smile, opening my arms. Alex comes over and squeezes me in a hug. Mitch is quick to poke my side, so I let go, giving him a look.

"I thought you switched rooms or something." I say, grabbing my coffee off the table and taking a drink.

Alex shakes his head. "I've come here at least once every week to come say hi, but you've never been in your room. I thought something happened to you, thankfully not."

"No, we just spend a lot of time together, I think." I say, pointing at Mitch.

"Yeah, we're at my place a lot, or just out." Mitch adds.

"So you guys are good? Everything's good?" Alex asks, looking between us. He always looks so starstruck every time he looks at Mitch, it's hard to hold in my laughter.

"Yeah, we're good." I smile at Mitch. He sneaks a quick kiss to my cheek.

Alex smiles. "That's good. Listen, man, you've been playing awesome lately, it's so fun to watch, I just can't believe—" He cuts himself off of his rambling, shaking his head.

"Thanks." Mitch says, sneaking me another look. I laugh at the whole scene—Alex acting like an excited fangirl, and Mitch awkwardly accepting his praise.

"So," I say, changing the subject. "You said you've come by a lot?"

Alex's eyes widen. "Yeah, your door isn't locked much. Sometimes I'd walk in, but it's really awkward to see Anna over there," he gestures to her bed, "with another guy."

I stifle a laugh at his face. "I'm so sorry." I say.

"Two times I walked out before she saw me, but a few times she'd turn over and tell me you weren't here. I started knocking after, but she wouldn't even bother coming to the door, so I'd leave." This time Mitch laughs.