CHAPTER 12

"Oh my god, lock the door!" I exclaim. Nobody moves, so I groan, jumping up and locking it twice myself.

"Marns is right there, y'know." Auston says, pointing to the wall behind me.

"What!?" I exclaim.

"She's so paranoid." Will chuckles, nudging Auston.

"With good reason." I whisper.

I see my phone beside me vibrating, and as I pick it up, I groan. Mitch's name flashes across the top, and I show my screen to everyone, putting my finger on my lips to signal them to shut up.

"Hey Mitch." I answered.

"You see how soft her voice got?" Connor whispered, snickering. I shot him a look.

"Hey." he sounded upset.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I don't know. The guys are in Auston's room, I don't really wanna go though. I think there's a girl, too, I heard a girl's voice earlier." he explains.

My eyes widen. "Yeah, you shouldn't go." I agree.

"Oh my god, is that Mitch Marner?" Will shouted, in a super deep voice. Connor and Auston were doubled over in laughter, and I snatched my phone, repeatedly clicking the "hang up" button.

"What the hell?" I asked Will.

"Didn't wanna hear your sappy conversation, just text him or something." Will suggests, and I roll my eyes.

Me: sorry

Me: again..

Mitch: who was that? you're with a guy?

I groaned loudly again, the three boys' eyes all shooting up to me. "He just asked if I'm with a dude."

Auston laughed. "Say yeah."

"Yeah, make him jealous." laughs Connor.

Me: a friend

Mitch: cool

Mitch: i'm so bored, what do i do

Mitch: i'm even thinking about going to Auston's room

Me: don't!

Me: just chill

Me: listen to music

Me: or sleep

Mitch: yeah i'll sleep, big game tomorrow

Mitch: ok brb i gotta get my roooommates

I threw my phone across the room, my eyes widening.

"What?" Auston asked. Him, Connor, and Will were all sitting on the carpeted floor in front of the TV, and I was up on the bed.

"I think he's coming." I mumbled, getting up. I hid in the small closet, sliding the door closed just as a knock was heard against the door to the room.

I peeked through the crack, watching as Auston went to unlock the door and open it.

"Hey." Mitch said, walking in. "I think we should go to bed, it's late."