CHAPTER 20

I woke up to my alarm, checking my phone first. A text from Mitch awaited me.

Mitch: morning sunshine 🤗

I was tied between rolling my eyes or smiling, instead just sending a text back.

Me: meet me in my room?

I threw my covers off, stepping out of bed and into the washroom where I tied up my hair and brushed my teeth. Just as I finished, there was a knock at the door.

I opened it, greeted by a smiling Mitch leaning against the doorframe. I walked back into my room and started looking through my suitcase for an outfit.

"Hello to you, too." he said, walking to my bed and sitting at the edge.

I sighed, turning back to face him. "Mitch, we kissed. It doesn't mean we're a couple, or anything." I raise my eyebrows, turning back to my luggage and pulling out some jeans and a hoodie.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed." he says. I sigh, standing up and turning to face him.

He smiles, most likely humoured at my annoyed face. "I get it. Don't worry." he says.

"Do you?" I ask.

"C'mere." he says, opening his legs and staring up at me.

I sigh, walking over to him and standing between his legs. "I get it." he repeats, gently taking my hands.

"Then what are we doing?" I mumble.

"Good question." he smiles, standing finally and pressing his lips to mine. He takes his hands away from mine and instead puts them on my cheeks.

"Good question." he chuckles again, leaning back, and I can't help but smile, too.

"I'm being serious." I say, but I'm sure he doesn't take me seriously because of the smile on my face.

"Just go with it, Nat." he mumbles in between placing kisses on my lips. "Go with the flow."

I put my arms around him then lean back after what felt long enough. I disappear into the washroom to change, and of course there's another knock at the door.

I assume Mitch's gone to get it, because soon enough I hear Auston's voice, along with a few others. I could faintly hear them through the door.

"Hey. Where's Natalie?" Auston asks.

"Uh, she's in the washroom." he replies.

A bit of silence before I hear Auston again. "What are you doing here? I thought you were leaving with the other guys."

Mitch paused before answering. "I just came to see Nat. She needed help, with, uh... boy advice."

Boy advice? Oh no. I slipped on the hoodie then walked out to attempt to control the damage.

"What boy advice?" Auston asked, looking annoyed. I gave a deathly glare to Mitch, who was smiling sheepishly.

"None, he's lying." I say to Auston, rolling my eyes. "What's up? Why're you here?"

"Breakfast?" he says as if it were obvious.

"Oh, yeah, sure. Just give me a minute?" I say.

Auston nods, sitting down on the bed. It was then I noticed Will and Connor Brown standing at the door.

Mitch looks at me, then at them, speaking up. "You guys can go ahead, I'll wait with Nat?" he offers.

"Sure, whatever." Auston shrugs, standing up.