CHAPTER 39

The day after started out great, but I knew this was the best it'd get. I woke up to the sound of an alarm, groaning as I reached my hand over to turn it off. I didn't want to physically move, because I was so comfortable in his embrace. Both of Mitch's arms were wrapped around me, his head resting near my shoulder. His mouth was slightly open, and after hearing the alarm ring, I felt him stirring.

"Don't leave." I muttered, putting my arms over his and trying to hold him in place.

"Nat." He chuckled softly, his voice hot in my ear. "I have a practice."

I groaned as I sat up, still tired. My single bed was small, meaning Mitch and I had to sleep very close in order for both of us not to fall off the bed, but honestly, I didn't mind. The time read 8am, making me groan again.

Mitch poked me repeatedly, sitting up. "When did she get here?" He whispered, looking at Anna sleeping in her bed. Even through the loud alarm, she didn't even stir.

I shrugged—Anna was very unpredictable. We went to bed around midnight, and she still wasn't back yet, so I can only wonder how late she must've got home.

I sat back against my wall, running my hands through my disheveled morning hair. I was only wearing a sports bra and a pair of sweatpants. "I don't want to see Auston." I mumbled, frowning.

Mitch sighed, climbing over to give me a kiss on my forehead. "I know you don't." He said, rubbing his thumb along my cheek. I had to admit, his morning voice was very sexy. "But you have to, Nat."

"Wow. Thanks." I say, rolling my eyes.

"Hey, you said you wanted to handle this on your own." He pointed out. He was right, I had said that.

I take his hand as he steps off my bed, only wearing the pair of sweatpants that he was in yesterday. I moved forward on the bed, wrapping my arms around his bare torso, leaning my head on his chest as I hugged him.

"I love you, Natalie Bandera." He mumbles, kissing the top of my head. "Never forget that."

"I love you, too." I say, pulling back and giving him a small smile. He picks up his hoodie off the floor, pulling it over himself.

"I have practice soon." He tells me. His practice was why we both had to wake up so early.

"I know, I just wish you wouldn't have to go." I pouted, and he grinned, collecting his stuff off the floor.

"You make it so hard every single time I have to leave you." He chuckles.

"That's what a girlfriend does!" I smile. I stand up with him as he walks over to my door. We've had to stay relatively quiet this whole time so as to not wake up Anna.

"Let me know if you want to do anything after the game. After you talk to Matts." He says softly. I nod, giving him a small peck as he opens the door and walks out.

I had two classes today from 12-5, so I guess it was good that I woke up early. I'd be able to get some work done now, as much as I wanted to go back to sleep. I brewed myself a coffee with our small coffee machine and got to some readings I had to do. It was about 11 when I was bored, deciding to try and pay Alex a visit for a change.

A lot of students on this floor usually kept our doors unlocked unless we absolutely didn't need to. It was why mine and Anna's door was unlocked a lot of the time while we were home. It was the same case for Alex as I walked into his quiet room. His roommate Owen wasn't home, but he was laying in bed, scrolling through something on his phone.

"Um, hey." He said, sitting up and putting his phone down.

"Will told Auston about Mitch and I." I blurt out. Alex's eyes widen, and I invite myself to sit on his bed. He reaches over onto the ground to pick up a T-shirt, pulling it over his head.