CHAPTER 33

10 days later, the Leafs were back playing another game in Toronto, and I was back in school. I still talked to Mitch everyday, but he had informed me that on the road trip, Auston hadn't spoken one word to him. This wasn't good, at all.

I felt like an idiot. I had been the one to divide them, all because I opened my big, stupid mouth. Imagine what Auston's reaction would've been if I told him we were dating? God, I didn't know what to do.

I was sitting on my bed doing a textbook reading when Anna came in. I had been talking with her a bit about the situation, but I think it's time I open my ears for advice. I'd need some.

"How's the boyfriend?" She asked. She always asked about Mitch when she saw me, she loved him.

"I need some help." I immediately say.

She sits down on her bed, looking worried. "What happened?"

"I never told you about what happened with Auston, did I?" I ask.

Her eyes widen. "What happened!!"

"He was catching on to Mitch and I, so in an attempt to cool it down, I told him that I 'liked' Mitch. He freaked out, hasn't talked to me in two weeks, and hasn't talked to Mitch either." I admit.

"Wow. That's uh,... wow."

"I know." I sigh. "He's mad at me for liking his best friend, and he's mad at Mitch, told him to stay away from me." I tell her.

Anna looks annoyed. "Wow. I didn't realize how annoying Auston was."

"You think." I roll my eyes, tucking my hair behind my ear. I sighed, leaning against my bed frame as I looked at Anna. "What do I do?"

"You know, I always suspected that Auston's in love with you." Anna said.

I sigh again. "Don't say that, he isn't."

Anna's eyebrows raise. "You never know, Nat. I've suspected it ever since we started rooming together."

"He doesn't. I'm sure of it." I tell her firmly.

"Then why's he reacting so... weirdly?" She asks, a smug smile on her face as if she knew she was right.

"You know what," I groan, standing up. "You're no help."

She chuckles. "I'm sorry!! What do you want me to say?"

I ignore her, taking out my phone and scrolling through my contacts. I found Will's name, typing out a text: I need some boy advice

I got a text back immediately: haha sure. Something happen with marn?

Me: marn + auston

Will: oh jeez. I'm with zach + brownie, we'll come by?

Me: sure just text me when you're here

I look back up at Anna. "You are absolutely no help."

She chuckles. "Are you going out?"

I nod. "I'm going to talk to people who are definitely better at giving advice than you." My phone started ringing, and I was surprised Will was already here. But when I took out my phone, it was Mitch calling, not Will.

"Hey." I smile, giving Anna a look and then stepping out of our room so I could have some privacy.

"Hey." He said. "What are you up to today?"

"Funny you called, I'm actually going out with Will in a bit." I say.

"Uh... Why?" He says, sounding off.