CHAPTER 15

The boys had just come off a hard loss at home, and I felt bad. I didn't have school on Wednesdays, so maybe I could go to Mitch and Auston's apartment.

I was doing my makeup on my bed as Anna walked in with a bagel and an iced coffee.

"I don't see much of you around here anymore." I joked.

"Yeah, I've been busy." she sighs, taking a seat on her bed.

"How are the boy problems?" I ask, because I knew she loved talking about boys.

"No boys. No problems." she groaned, just as I started my eyeliner. "I'm taking a break for awhile." she says, and I nod. "How about you?"

"Nothing." I simply say.

"Sure." she chuckles. "All your friends are dudes. Hot ones, at that." she says, giving me a wink.

I groan loudly, turning back to my eye makeup. "Please don't tell me you're talking about—".

"Your hockey friends, yes." she buds in, laughing.

"I'm going over to their apartment when I'm done." I tell her.

"Whose?"

"Mitch and Auston's." I answer.

"That's why you're doing your makeup nice." she exclaims, and I feel my face heating up, so I simply don't acknowledge her statement.

"Bring me with." she says, and I give her a look. "Seriously, sis, there's two of them!? Help a girl out."

I stand up, shaking my head. I can't help but laugh as I throw the makeup on my bed into a bag. I'm about to walk out the door, but Anna stops me.

"Natalie, you cannot walk out that door in sweatpants!" Anna shouts, jumping over to me and placing her hands on my shoulders. She steers me back inside and into the closet.

"They're comfortable." I whine.

"Here." she says instead, giving me a pair of ripped blue jeans. "And this is cute," she takes a pastel purple knit sweater off a hanger and places it into my hands.

I change into the clothes she gives me, which do look better than the sweats I was wearing before.

"One more thing," she says, turning me around and sliding the hair tie out of my hair. "You did not straighten your hair yesterday just to put it up today." she tells me, patting my shoulder. "You're better than that." she whispers.

I roll my eyes but thank her. "I'll see you later." I smile, blowing her a kiss as I left.

I dial Auston's number as I'm on the way to their apartment. "Hi?" he answers.

"Hey. You busy?" I ask.

"No, we're just getting back from practice." he says.

"I'm coming over, hope you don't mind." I say, almost laughing at how direct it sounded.

"Uh..." he pauses. "Sure."

"Okay. See you soon." I smile, hanging up the phone. I reach their place quickly, heading up the stairs to their unit.

I hadn't gone to the game last night, even though Auston had really wanted me to. I had an assignment to finish, which I thankfully did. Also, if I had went, I would've had to deal with grumpy boys after a big 7-0 loss. Not a good combination.

I knocked on the door, pulling my hair over to one side and taking a deep breath.

Mitch opened it and smiled as he saw me. "Woah. Cute."