CHAPTER 21

I ended up staying over with my parents for longer than I had hoped, about a week. It was nice and familiar, and it beat going back to Toronto alone for a week, which is why I didn't mine staying.

I was talked into coming back on Friday, though, by Anna. She told me that she had just gotten home and wanted me there to keep her company. Apparently there was also a party Owen was hosting that we had to go to.

So I took a flight home early Friday morning, reaching my dorm by 12. Anna wasn't in the room, so I begun unpacking. Just as I had finished, she walked in.

"Natalie!! Hey girl!" she exclaimed, and I stood to give her a hug.

"How was your week?" I ask her.

"Okay, I didn't do too much though." she says, sitting on her bed. "Tonight, however, is another story." she smirks.

"Why do you say that?" I roll my eyes, laughing at her expression.

"Because I'm tired of you not coming to parties with me." she says.

"I've been to a few!" I defend myself.

"Those weren't real. Now we're legal." she points out, and I shake my head, suppressing the smile.

"I guess we don't have to go until later, so do you want to hang out for now?" I ask, changing the subject.

"Sure, let's go to Giorno!" she suggests excitedly. This place was starting to become a new favourite of mine.

We left together, taking the short walk there in the cold. I ordered a large croissant and a cappuccino to warm myself up.

Anna broke into conversation on how she was hoping on "accidentally" hooking up with Owen, and how she'd do it. I was just excited that this might be the opportunity I needed to make friends.

I decided not to tell Anna about anything that happened with Mitch, I'd save the conversation for another time. I wasn't in the mood to hear her gushing over our relationship.

After studying their schedule, I knew that the Leafs had a game in Boston tomorrow. What I didn't know was whether or not they'd be in Toronto tonight. I could've texted Auston or Mitch, but I also decided against it. I'd wait for one of them to text me.

When we got back to our dorm room, Anna insisted on taking the spot in front of the mirror to start her makeup. She was very good at doing makeup, but it'd usually take a while.

"What are you gonna wear?" I asked her, leaning against the wall.

"I hung my outfit on the closet hook." she tells me. I disappear into our closet and, sure enough, find what she was talking about. A black bodysuit and thigh high boots.

"Looks nice." I tell her.

"What are you wearing?" she asks in return.

"I haven't decided." I say honestly.

"I'll help you out." she tells me. "Go pick something, but make sure it's nice."

I walk back into our closet, looking around at my side. All that I can find are a pair of jeans, and some new black heels I liked.

Anna turned around to face me, looking as if she was cringing. She came into the closet with me, looking at her side.

"How about this?" she smiled, pulling out another black bodysuit. This one was in a V-shape with lace detailing on the neck.

"Hm." I say.

"C'mon, you're gonna look hot." she smiles, taking it and my jeans and placing them on my bed.