CHAPTER 9

I slowly opened my eyes, groaning as I stretched my arms out. I clenched my whole body, then relaxed and let my arms fall to the side. That was my favourite thing to do every morning.

I felt for my phone on the bedside table, picking it up and checking the time. 9:30. It was still pretty early. My phone lit up with messages from Anna.

Anna: natalie ?? you okay??

Anna: uhghhgg just gimme an answer girl

Anna: well i mean you're responsible enough to take care of yourself, but you told me you'd be home

Anna: y'know, if you don't answer by tonight i'll just assume you died. nice knowing ya girl 💗

I silently chuckled, typing a quick response saying I was sorry for spending a night away and not telling her.

Last night, we watched a movie and when it was finished, decided we were all pretty tired. Auston told me not to drive home, it'd just be easier to spend the night and leave in the morning.

By now I was still laying in Auston's bed, completely relaxed, not wanting to move at all. Auston wasn't in the bed with me anymore, yet I heard some rustling in the washroom and decided it was probably him.

Even though we were all tired beyond belief last night, Auston and Mitch still got into an argument. I was in the washroom eavesdropping while it happened, and it had surfaced when Mitch asked where I could sleep.

"Huh?" I had heard Auston say.

"I said I'd give up my bed, let her sleep with me." Mitch responded.

There was a pause. "You two aren't that close, she probably doesn't want to sleep with you." Auston said.

"Fine. She can sleep on my bed and I'll sleep on the couch." Mitch suggested.

"What? No..." Auston said. "She'll sleep in my room. We've done it before, and she's closer with me, so that'll be better for her." he reasoned.

"I don't know," Mitch countered. "Why don't we just ask her?"

"No. What I said's fine." Auston said. Why were they making such a big deal over something as small as where I slept?...

I washed my hands and left the washroom, joining them.

"Nat!" Auston said when he saw me. "You can sleep in my room tonight. Okay?" He asked, eyes wide as if he was expecting me to agree.

"Yeah, sure." I said, my eyes quickly flicking to Mitch, looking back at me.

"Okay." Auston nodded. "You wanna go now?" he asked.

I leaned on the table, a smirk surfacing on my face. "You trying to get rid of me?" I chuckled.

"I just have to talk to Marns." Auston nodded his head towards Mitch. "You can get some clothes in my room."

"Yes, please, take that jersey off." Mitch insisted, and I laughed again.

I went over to Auston's room, picking some sweats that I knew he wouldn't mind me wearing from his closet. After I was changed and looking at the memorabilia on Auston's shelf, Mitch came in the room.

"Nice hoodie." he said from behind me. I whipped around, surprised, but gave a smile. The sleeves went past my hands.

"Perfect fit, right?" I said.

"Definitely." he smiled. He started looking around the room, his eyes not meeting mine. "I just wanted to say good night." he said, looking up at me when I was done.