CHAPTER 16

at the top, i've inserted an image of the face claim for natalie, and i think i'll scatter more pics through upcoming chapters

——

Auston: are you in class? i'm in the area

Me: nope

Auston: why not?

Me: mid term tomorrow :(

Auston: aw

Auston: so you're at your dorm?

Me: yep

Auston: ok see you soon lol

I was sprawled out on my bed, textbooks open, pens and pencils everywhere, along with two calculators. Business midterms were tough, especially when they were worth 40% of your grade. University was such a big jump from high school.

I had been studying the past few days, and I was finally almost done. The completion of my two mid terms tomorrow would mark the end of my mid terms for this semester, which made me extremely happy. But, I had to be ready. Which is why studying every single minute I could was crucial.

So I did study every single minute I could. Expect when a knock at my door was heard 5 minutes after I sent my last text.

Auston walked in without me even having to get off the bed. "I brought you a drink. For your studying, y'know." he said, holding up the Iced Capp in his hand and placing it on my side table.

"Here, come sit." I say, clearing up some room on my bed. He takes off his jacket and hangs it on the door, then coming to sit on my bed.

"How's the studying?" Auston asks.

"Busy. You shouldn't have come."

"You look like you need a break, though." he says, leaning over me and closing shut the notebook that I was working on.

"You're right." I sigh, sitting up and leaning against the wall. "Thanks."

"Yeah," he starts. "We just haven't talked too much recently, y'know? I kinda missed you."

"Yeah," I agree, not looking at him. "I've been so busy with school, I haven't really talked to anyone."

"No one?" Auston repeats, and I know I have to change the direction of this conversation, as I know exactly where he's going.

"I've been bombarded with school. I'm just trying to get good grades, that's what I'm here for." I say, sipping my drink.

"No, I get it." he says. He takes a sip of his drink, too. "Tim's is definitely one of the top reasons I like Toronto." he chuckles.

"Yeah, me too." I smile. "Do you ever miss home?" Things as simple as a Tim Hortons reminded me of home, just because we didn't have this coffee shop at home.

Auston sighs, thinking before he answers. "I don't know. I was away all last year too, so home's really just jumbled up for me." He says, and I nod.

"We should go back. Visit for a bit." I suggest, perking up a bit at the thought of going home. Although my parents could be annoying sometimes, it wasn't too often I got to see them.

"I don't know if I'd be allowed." Auston says, making me feel dumb. Oh right.

"Yeah..." I nod. "My last mid term is tomorrow, then I get a break. I wanna do something, maybe I'll go home." I say, thinking about it for the first time.