CHAPTER 28

The end of December meant that I had to, yet again, prepare for exams. It was a long and stressful five days, but I got through it and went home for Christmas when I was all done.

I only spent a few days there, wanting to be home for New Years. My floor had parties almost every day. And I actually went to one.

The night of this party, I got really wasted. Alex and Anna were still together, surprisingly, but I stayed with Alex the whole time.

"I've missed you. All you do is spend time with Anna." I had told him, feeling sad.

"I'm sorry." He chuckled, pulling me into a hug.

I felt like calling Auston would be a good idea. I honestly didn't know why, but I dialed his number and waited for the call to go through.

"Hey Nat." He answered.

"Hey Auston! How are you?" I ask, happy he answered.

"I'm fine, what's up?" he asks.

Alex gives me a confused look from beside me on the couch. "I'm drunk." I laugh into the phone.

"Who is it?" Alex asks me.

"It's Auston Matthews." I say as if it were obvious.

"What, Nat? Seriously?" Auston asked.

"Yeeeeesss." I drag the word out.

"Don't say anything dumb." Alex whispers to me.

"Dumb? Like what?" I ask, putting the phone down.

"Mitch." Alex whispers, and my eyes widen, nodding. I pick up the phone again.

"Natalie? Hello?" Auston asks.

"Oh, you're no fun." I sigh. "Is Mitch home?" I ask.

"Yeah, he's in his room," Auston says. I hang up the phone, dialing Mitch's number.

"Hey baby!" I say when I hear the phone pick up.

"Hey Nat. What's up?" he asks.

"I'm drunk. That's what's up." I laugh at how weird I sounded.

"Really? That's fun." Mitch laughed.

"I know! I'm having so much fun!" I say.

"Are you with Anna?" Mitch asks.

"Nope. Alex." I say, leaning on Alex and grabbing his hand.

"Okay. You go have fun, I'll talk to you later." he says.

"Okay! Bye Mitch, I love you!" I exclaim into the phone.

"Love you too." he chuckles, and I hang up.

"He's so nice." I sigh, telling Alex.

"You should've invited him," Alex suggested.

I shrug. "I don't know if he's a party person. Maybe next time." Alex nods.

The next day, I felt a bit better than I had at the last party. I made sure to eat a lot the night before, so my hangover wasn't as bad.

Auston came to visit me in the morning. He knocked on the door while I was laying on my bed, playing on my phone. I stood up to get it, surprised to find Auston. I put my finger on my lip, showing that Anna was sleeping, and stepped in to the hall.