CHAPTER 8

QUICK A/N BEFORE I START..... i know i know it's been a while since i updated! yikes! however i was trying to work out the logistics of this story and the way i want it to go. i think i have a better idea of that now. ANYWAY, if you forgot what happened last chapter, i'm sorry. you can go reread it. in fact you can go reread the whole book! that would be cool too!!! 😜 ok that's all i had to say, enjoy.

——

"Mitch brought his car and I'm assuming you brought yours?" Auston asks me. I nod. "So I'll meet you back at our place?"

"No, Auston, come with me." I frown.

"Why should I?" he asks, making me roll my eyes.

"Well, I need help getting there. I'm not good with directions." I say, and Auston nods.

"True, I'll drive your car then." he says.

"Sure," I shrug, waving to Mitch as we walked through the parking garage.

Auston hopped into the driver's seat and I handed him my keys. He turned on the radio and searched through channels, stopping when he heard a rap song.

"Don't be jealous that I hugged Mitch." I immediately say. Auston's eyes went wide.

"Jealous! What?" he said. He's always been a bad liar.

"You're still my best friend! And you always will be." I say.

"Mhm." he says, not meeting my eyes. I groaned at him.

After sitting in silence for a bit, I change the topic. "I can't believe you have an apartment."

"I needed to stay somewhere." he shrugs.

"With Mitch?"

"He's the guy I bonded with first. Plus, he was in a similar situation." Auston said.

"Hm..." I say, chuckling a bit to myself.

"Nat." Auston scoffs, looking at me. "You're so weird."

"No, I think it's good you guys are roommates. You finally made a friend." I joke.

Auston rolls his eyes. "All the guys on the team are my friends. You're the one taking them from me."

"I'm not taking your friends away!" I protest, frowning because he said that. "You knew it had to have happened, the fact that I'm around you so much, I'd get to know your teammates."

Auston didn't say anything for the rest of the ride, which wasn't too long, because he parked shortly after.

Auston led me up to his apartment building, opening the door to his condo.

"Wow." I say. "This actually looks pretty nice." I was surprised at how modern and clean the apartment looked, surprised at how well the boys were able to keep it.

"Welcome to our humble abode." Mitch exclaimed, popping up from behind a wall.

"Take your shoes off." Auston insisted, so I did, shrugging them off and leaving them by the door.

"House tour!" Mitch announced, taking my arm and leading me to the kitchen first.

"This is our kitchen, that's stainless steel." Mitch pointed to the refrigerator, looking impressed with himself.

"Um... cool?" I laughed.

"That's the table, where we eat. But usually we eat over here-" he pointed to the sofa- "so we can watch TV." he said, now bringing me to the family room area.