Chapter 44

Time was my worst enemy.

Matt and I have officially snuck out twice successfully.

So far we have some details down. We're going to San Clemente, California, and Matt has a friend named Kian we can stay with.

The more and more we discuss this, the more and more paranoid i get of it not working.

It was officially finals week, which meant last week of school...and in North Carolina. Time with my dad wasn't as bad as you'd think. He mainly kept to him self and Nila, leaving me alone most of the time. Absolute opposite of what it would be like if i was with my mom.

It was scheduled for Matt and I to go to Taco Bell tonight. I was waiting for Nila to head to her room with Chad, he had gone to bed nearly an hour ago.

Nila was on the phone with someone gossiping about people at work and talking about hair and nails, girly bullshit really.

I walked out to get a cup of water.

"Erin? What are you doing up so late?" She questioned looking up from the tv.

I just shrugged my shoulders and continued to the kitchen.

"Well, uh, im going to bed. Goodnight."

"Night." i listened as she walked to the bedroom and shut the door. I quickly went to my room and shut the door to make it like i had gone to bed. I opened my window, but there was a screen in my way.

"What the hell." i tapped at it, it was drilled in.

I turned and walked to Nash's room. A clear window. I slowly lifted it up, closing it slightly behind me.

I was going to be late, but only like 15 minutes late.

I finally arrived at Taco Bell and Matt was sitting waiting for me.

"Oh god, i was so worried something had happened to you." He jumped up and cupped my face with his hands.

"No, Nila literally wouldn't go to bed." I rolled my eyes. I also left out the part of the screened in window. He gave me his little Espinosa smirk and leaned in and kissed me.

"Okay so," he took a seat. "So you know my friend we're staying with?" i nodded my head

"He has even offered to pay for some of our flight."

"Really!!" he nodded his head. "Matt thats great!" I was so happy.

We talked for a while, but left around 12:30 since we had testing tomorrow.

I wondered through the neighborhood, taking my time.

When i stepped onto the lawn, bright lights flashed on.

"What the fuck?" i shielded my eyes.

"Erin. Grace. Grier." A deep voice said. "Where in gods name where you?" Chad appeared from the light, Nila holing his arm.

"Just went for a walk, thats all."

"At midnight?! On a school night?" his southern accent came out predominately when he said 'school'.

"I went to check on you and you weren't there" Nila spoke up.

"I just wanted some fresh air." i tried to take a step back, but bumped into something, or someone.

"Mhm, and was that fresh air at Taco Bell?"

Nash.

I quickly spun around.

"And with a boy you aren't supposed to be seeing?" Chad said.

My stomach dropped. They know, its all over now.

"Inside now." He pointed.

..

"Well, maybe if you just let us see each other none of this would be happening!!" I yelled at Chad, crossing my arms over my chest.

"This is exactly why you cant see each other!" He yelled back. "i cant loose you too Erin, and that boy, that boy does something to you, and i dont like it!!"

"NO HE DOESNT!" I brought my hands up and covered my ears.

"ERIN! Listen to him!" Nash yelled in my face.

"No more phone, ever. And no leaving your room after school is out young lady. I might as well put a lock on your door too!" Chad threw his hands up in exasperation.

"You fucked up Erin, i gave you my trust with this boy and you blew it."

"We have done nothing wrong!"

"Oh yeaaah, because running away to Florida for a college party, and sneaking out, disobeying rules is soooooo right. Well guess again Grier, its not!" Chad yelled.

Nila whipped a tear. The fuck is she crying about?

"Babe, please stop yelling, its late, you need sleep." She placed her hands on my dads shoulders, and you could instantly see the tenseness leave his body.

"Okay." he said and turned down the hallway, but then turned back. "Bed. Now." He commanded.

I stood up and turned to Nash. He had an awful satisfied look on his face, a look of defeat.

"I hope you happy, and know this is all your god damn fault." I felt a tear fall down my cheek, no matter how hard i fought it still fell.

Nash's face instantly dropped as i spun on my heels and walked to my room.

"Erin wait..." he called out, but i slammed my door.

.....

"Its over." I sighed, pulling my self into Matts chest.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"Chad found out."

"Fuck." i nodded my head. "Please don't cry Erin." he placed a hand on the back of my head. "Its okay. i promise we'll get through this."

I pulled back and starred at Matt. He reached down and grabbed my hands.

"We'll be okay." he reassuringly smiled.

Out of the corner of my eye i could see Nash starring at us.

I swallowed hard.

"I love you Matt."

"I love you too."

Then i left for my geometry final.

...

Four straight hours, starring at a wall. I finished my test within the first hour, which wasn't good. I was actually scared. All 80 questions in an hour. I felt the terrible grade coming, but i could careless.

I just watched the wall, counting the bricks, over and over again. 30 up, and 56 across on the front wall. Making a total of 1,680 bricks, waisted on a wall that watches as people suffer for 180 days a year.

The rest on the room was plain dry wall, and you couldn't really count that.

Boredom had really gotten to me.

Finally Mr. Turner spoke up.

"Okay Class, put your pencils down and close your books, the testing session has ended." Some kids cheered in excitement. Then Turner continued to read off directions, and after picking up all the materials he let us out into the halls.

One more test. One more day in this hell hole, one more day until i may never see Matt again.

____________________

Im so sorry this chapter is so short
:((((

Its almost unacceptable, but hey, i have finals all week -.-

what fun.

BUT IH MY GOD HOLY SHIT, THAT YOU SOCMUH FOR 100 VOTES ON MY LAST CHAPTER. HOLY SHIT. I LOVE YOU ALL SOOO MUCH. YOU MAKE MY LIFE HAPPY.

i know i say this all the time, but i WILL make it up in my next chapter with it being longer. I cant promise when it will be up bc of testing but definitely before Sunday, that my goal.