Chapter 16

"No mom, I don't," I said, "but he did this for me because I'm in love with his brother, we have pretending to date because of him."

"Oh Roselynn, why, you've lied to Abraham this long, and if I k ow him, if he finds out he will be so upset, I can see it in his eyes, baby he loves you," LOUIS said. He was right. He would be hurt. But he kissed Shontelle right in front of me, more than one time. And I told them that. And told them what Shontelle did.

"But would it be a bad thing, you have to tell him Roselynn, he deserves that much," LOUIS said.

"Hold on, Shontelle said she would show this to the entire prom meaning everyone would know, what would that say about my daughter Lou think about it, she's just fifteen I know she'll soon be sixteen but, if she gets done like this it could ruin her and the press would come after her because she is our child, we can't let this go on," she said. She was right we'd all be hurt from it  and I would be eat up by press at my door everyday.

"Okay, so we talk to Devin and Jasmine, tell them what's going on, ask them to talk to Shontelle," LOUIS said grabbing what he was looking for. Ah, lemon juice. Yes! Lemon chicken breast strips tonight!! Wonder if Tony would be able to join.

"Hey mom, LOUIS, can I invite Tony," I asked. They looked at each other.

"Not a bad idea," mom said. Louis just shrugged. So I texted him telling him to be there by six. And I ran upstairs hanging my dress up.

*Dinner was great. We talked about everything, mine and Tony's fake relationship. And he agreed for me to tell him. He claimed that Abraham wanted to be with me but that this would hurt him. Especially coming from someone other than me. This was going to be the hardest thing to do.

Sleep wasn't enough for me. Because once I woke up it would be Friday morning. I hated Friday's. Mr. Diego always had to bring some kind of project for us to do. And I was always partnered with someone I didn't like. And it would always be the next Wednsday.

"Abraham and Georgia, you guys are partners," he said. Oh no. I was so screwed. I hated this class. He looked at me and grinned. I sighed. Even though I wanted to argue I nodded. I wasn't giving Shontelle the satisfaction. 

Abraham and I agreed to go to his house. I knew that was the best idea, Tony would be there. He was game to acting like my boyfriend. He sat next to when we started working. Abraham sat in front of us.

Once it was over, Shontelle caught us together but luckily Tony was in the room. It took a load off. He grabbed my hand and squeezed.

"Georgia I need to talk to you," she said. I got up leaving the boys in the living room. She led me to the kitchen. But she was being loud about everything. And although I wished she hadn't said anything I'm glad she did.

"Look, I'm sorry about threatning you with that text message, even though you and Tony only fake dated, just to get back at Abraham for kissing me in front of you, I did start it and I'm sorry, I won't tell anyone about it and I won't say anything about you planning this to anyone, you're secret is safe with me, I knew how you felt about Abraham and I went to far, and pushed you into fake dating his brother to get back at him."

Abraham was standing in the doorway. He had tears in his eyes and Tony was behind him with his head hanging low. He planned this. He knew shed apologize and he had Abraham listen in. I was in such big trouble. I can't believe he did that. Shontelle looked over and seen them but she gave me a hug and left.

"You lied to me, both of you," Abraham said. I tried to think of words to say.

"Yes but it wasn't like we weren't going to tell you," I said. My heart sank into my feet.

"Georgia, you lied, that's something you knew I didn't like and you did it anyway, and with my brother," he said. I swallowed. Tears started forming. Tony spoke up.

"It was my idea bro, don't be mad at her," he said. I smiled very faint at him.

"No I'm not mad at her, I'm hurt and it's not just her, it's you too, after everything I've done, putting the dress in your closet for her, helping with dinner, talking to her when she needed someone, and she lies to me," he looked at me and the hurt in his eyes said it all. He didn't want me around.

So I walked past him gathering my books for school and I left. I walked on the sidewalk to my house. It was a brisk day and I was only wearing a thin flowy top with leggings. I cried all the way there. He hates me now. I hated myself. Why did I agree to this. Why did it seem like my world was falling apart.

I walked into the house and dad was there with SIMON! He got to come home. I was so happy. I was so excited to see him. I forgot all about what happened. He smiled when he seen me  he was sitting on the couch with an arm brace on. Dad smiled but then his smile sank when he seen I'd been crying. And mom knew why. Louis came up to me and asked me if I was okay. I nodded and smiled at Simon again.

"Simon, I'm so happy you're home," I said. He got up slowly coming towards me  he wrapped the left arm around me and hugged me.

"I heard about it all, mom filled us in, she said you were torn and I wanted to be home, so I could be with you," he said. That my head melt. He always made me feel better.

"You always make me feel better," I said. He smiled and led me to sit down.

"Now we have some news of our own," Louis said. Yeah, well whatever it was I'm sure it wasn't as bad as-

"We're engaged."