Chapter 10

School was normal. Breakfast was not fun because Abraham and Shontelle kept eyeing each other and talking silently. Which was not unusual for her. And then Mr. DIEGO was his normal self acting all "great" and everything.

I got a text from mom saying her and Louis had to go out of town for a couple of days but to stay with dad or one of my friends, Seth and Shuana was staying with Matt and Mark. Great I didn't wanna stay with Matt again, and I couldn't stay with dad because he lied so much.

So I texted Tony.

Me: Hey Tony mom and her boyfriend have to go out of town and I don't wanna stay with dad or any of the others can I room with you.

It took a few.minutes for him to reply. Of course he was probably trying on tuxs for prom.

From Tony: sure might be fun to pretend we are dating around my brother, twist his arm ;)

Me: Actually not a bad plan, can't wait

Tony: me either. Mwahahaha

Me: creepy

So lunch....It was the same as breakfast. Boring and hurtful. So I just ignored everyone but Layla, who had nothing really to talk about.

After school Tony was waiting in the parking lot leaning against my side of the car. Abraham must've noticed because he stiffened up at his car. Tony smiled at me giving me a kiss on the cheek and opening my door for me 

"So have a good day today," he asked.

"Not really but it's better now," I said as we drove away. He turned the radio on and I heard a song I hadn't heard in a while playing. So I sang along.

"Cause where I wanna be is far apart, from where we are, from where we are," I stopped until the chorus.

"Say love, I want you to say love, when i say love you, you just say me to, but I want you to say love."

Tony had stopped at a res light and mouth hanging open.

"GEORGIA, you're amazing, how can you not show off that voice," he asked. I shrugged.

"My mom and dad, they have so much they missed out on, and I wanna be a normal girl, I wanna go to school and I wanna work not stand on a stage for money," I said. He shrugged.

"You should go to a gig with me just sing one song and I promise you you'll see it's not easy being a singer, none in the least, we put out time, talent and efforts into music we sit up day after day pouring words o to a page for people to hear our stories, we work hard for what we make," he said. He was so sincere about it.

We pulled up at his house. He didn't move because I didn't move. Abraham pulled up behind us. He walked up the sidewalk. Tony gave me a look and I knew what he was saying. Not about Abraham about me.

"Okay I'll sing with you," I said. He smiled. Abraham was listening. He moved on Into the house.

We got out and walked into his house. Tony stopped at the kitchen counter. I was sure he was going to ask me what I wanted to eat but he didn't he did the opposite.

"Dinner for us is going to be made by me and you," he said laying things out. He laid out a package of ribeye steak rounds. He also laid out romain lettuce, tomato, carrot shreds, avocado, raisins and blueberries. And he gave me some hickory smoked seasoning, red pepper fine powder paprika, and garlic salt.

"What's the seasons for," I asked. He chuckled. Abraham came in acting like nothing was bothering him. He was in good humor.

"Ahh, cooking, I love cooking, I'll help," he said joining us. Tony gave me one not. Game time.

"Sure But let me just be the first one to warn you about the pda that might go on in the kitchen," To y said. Abraham paused but shrugged.

"Well if you insist go ahead, I do t  watch if you wanna be bad," he winked. He was playing along. He knew. So I did the unthinkable.

I nodded Tony. I mean deeply and emotionally kissed him. I let myself get so worked up I just roughly kissed him in front of Abraham.

I pulled away. Abraham was standing in shock. He had an avocado in his hands and wasn't moving. Tony cleared his throat. Abraham jumped and turned around to finish his salad. I looked at Tony who had a distinguished look about him. He nodded. It worked.

"Well, back to work," Tony said.

**Dinner was good and not to mention, Interesting. When bed time came Tony let me wear his sweats and a t-shirt once again. He laughed so hard that night. He silently was talking about Abrahams face. I was Infacuated by his laugh though. And I wasn't about to tell him that. He was sweet for doing this for me.

"Tony, will you be my best friend after prom," I asked. He sighed in bed and turned to face me.

"Of course I will, I love you, you're like my childhood friend though I just met you," he said. Awe he loved me  I guess I loved him too.

"Awe and I love you like you were my stuffy old neighbor whom I can't seem to get enough of," I said. We laughed together then both stopped to look at each other. His eyes were kind, and promising. And even though I'd only known him a short while I knew he was perfect. To be my best frie d he just fit the part. Of course I liked my best friends brother.