Chapter 3

"Mom, Dad said I could come," I said as she had drug me to the kitchen.

"Yeah but he knew you were supposed to come back home today he does these things to spite me," she said angrily. She was so wrong.

"No he doesn't mom, him and Dani didn't know what time-"

"Danielle isn't your mother, he's just your dad's girlfriend," she said. I blew air from my lips.

"Fiance mother," I said. She gasped.

"WHAT, HES MARRYING HER, SERIOUSLY, SHES WHY WE SPLIT UP," she yelled. That was actually a surprise.

"WHAT do you mean," I asked. She sighed.

"Dani was a backup dancer for your father 5 years ago, they talked all the time as friends but there was something more to it, when I was away on tour remember when y'all stayed with grandpa, I found out he had invited her to a candle lit dinner, as 'friends' but I knew what was going on," she said. .......

"He was cheating on me with Dani and until 2 years ago, he didn't tell anyone about them, so that's why we spilt, he felt a little disconnected with me always on tour, I said when I turned 35 I would stop and settle but he didn't care," she said. She didn't love him but it still hurt. She took out her phone and texted someone. I didn't see who but I had a feeling.

"Look you can stay for a while longer if you want but come home before midnight got it," She said. That was weird. It was strange seeing her give into me.

I nodded and she left.  I stood in the kitchen literally in shock. Dad cheated. With Dani, but their was more to it, Dani wouldn't have if she'd known. But did she? I didn't know and this was a bag I didn't want to carry.

I stepped out of the kitchen it was only 9:40pm and I was just as silent as I could be. MATT and Abraham were watching me closely trying to figure our what happened but I don't think anyone knew. I didn't even know. And knowing that dad cheated was just awful and wrong.

"I need some air," I said. Abraham stood up.

"How about we both go outside and take a walk," he said. I nodded but said nothing.

He led me outside and stood in the yard. We watched the stars. It reminded me of the time me and mom went stargazing. I was 6 no 7 and we went to the park mom and dad had went to many times. We sat on the bench and just watched the stars.

"Georgia are you alright," Abraham asked pulling me from my memories.

"Sure I'm fine," I said. He nodded. But what more did he expect a life story on how my mother was cheated on by my dad's now fiance. Messed up and wrong, I was in for trouble later. Kids would pick on me if they knew.

"You know if you want to talk to someone I am a great listener," Abraham said. I thought about it and I just shook my head.

"Really I'm fine just needed some air from the all the people in there," I said lying. He nodded.

"Well if we are gonna sit out here then tell me, what is your favorite subject," he asked. I had to think about that one.

"Arts, I can be creative with my feelings," I said. He raised an eyebrow.

"And you what's yours," I asked.

"I love history and Calculas," he said. I was good in both but I hated math. He was so sweet about it though.

"What about favorite color," he asked.

"Oh Navy for sure, what about you," I asked him he had to think about that.

"Red," he replied. That was a good answer.

"What is your hobby," he asked. Now there's a question I can always reply to with more than 1 answer.

"Singing, photography, dancing, poetry, writing, playing my piano, dogs and cats," I stopped myself, "I'm very creative."

"I can tell, so do you sing," he asked. I shyly turned away.

"Only to my stuffed animals I've had since I was 3," I said. He put his hand on my arm.

"Sing me a song please," he asked.

"I don't sing in public," I told him. He pouted a little bit. And his face was so mesmerizing.

"Please, there is no one but me here," he asked. I sighed. He was cute enough to sing for.

"Fine," I said, "WHAT do you wanna hear."

"You're favorite song," he said. Oh no, here it comes. From the pit of my stomach I felt a pang of guilt. My favorite song was not something I would have sung to anyone but he wanted to hear.

"Some say love, it is a river, that drowns the tender reef, some say love it is a hunger that leaves your soul to bleed, some say love it is a hunger and endless aching need, I say love it is a flower and you it's only seed."

Abraham was silent and his eyes were huge. Like he'd witnessed a murder or seen a ghost.

"Wow Georiga you are amazing," he said. I mean I have 2 parents who sing, Simon couldn't sing but I could and I hated anyone knowing.

"Sometimes," I said. He shook his head.

"I'm actually a pop-spanish singer but I cover English songs to and I actually have a gig starting this summer, in june when school ends it's only for a month, but would you like to come with me and sing," he asked. I was shocked. He wanted me to come with him.

"I um, I don't know," I said. He pouted.

"Please I won't embarrass you or put you on the spot you'd be singing with me," he said. I thought about it.

"I will think about it," I told him he let it go.

Abraham wanted me to go to one of gigs and sing with him...should I?