Chapter 9

"Yeah sure," he said. I must have surprised him because he was taken aback.

I smiled and sighed. Why had I asked him to prom?  I was seriously not myself. First telling mom and dad about Dani. And then telling dad about mom and Louis. And to beat it all I told Tony I wanted to go to prom with him.

I walked upstairs Into Tony' S room and changed into the clothes he had for me. Which was a pair of small sweats and a white t-shirt. I had never shares a room with a boy other than my brother, and Matt. But this was so weird.

Tony came in and startled me. He rummaged through his door trying to find sleep clothes. Pulling out a pair of checked sleeping pants and nothing else. He left the room. Leaving me to snoop.

His room was average. A king bed with tan bed covers that were thin and silky. There was four pillows, 2 on each side with tan pillow covers. His room had music notes all over the walls. But his walls were off white. There was a chest of drawers plus a large size closet.

"So," Tony said standing on the doorway.

"I was just looking at the room, I'm sorry I wasn't snooping," I said defending myself.

"That's cool, I didn't say you were snooping, but it's kinda cute that you defend yourself," he said. I smiled at him then turned the bed down.

"Bed time, school tomorrow," I said. He nodded. I was so tired and another thing, how would I get to school?

"Oh hey do you need me to drop you off tomorrow, I have to go into town anyway," Tony asked Getting comfortable beside me.

"Yes I do thanks," I said resting my head. He nestled behind me but his back was turned. Wednesday morning? I hated hump day. We always joked about it when mom and dad were together.

Mom let me drive a few times when I was 14, only on back roads. See, she claimed she was going to buy my own car for my 16tg birthday but I didn't want to hold my breath. I had my permit and that was it. And of course most everyone of my friends were jealous. But that was okay when 16 hit, I was getting my intermediate licence and then 17, the real deal. I was getting a job at 17, since no one hires under that age in this country.

*The next morning I woke up to arms wrapped around me. Tony had his mouth hanging open but No sound or movement was coming from him. I moved his arm and shuffled out of bed. I didn't have any clothes. And I rummaged through Tony' S drawers to find something half decent cause Layla would bring me something. I texted her. My phone was only 45% charged but that didn't matter. I knew Layla would bring her charging port.

"If you're looking for something less boyish I have a pair of jogging pants a rebel flag shirt in the closet you can wear," Tony said coming up behind me and grabbing a white t-shirt.

"Thanks," I said going to the walk in closet. It was clean and neat. I looked over the clothes and seen something that I knew I'd love to wear. It was a knee length dress with music notes all over it white and black. Why'd he have it?  I pulled it out and his eyes widened.

"Oh my goodness how'd that get in there?"

" Tony it's your closet," I said. He shrugged and walked out.

When we were ready and finished drinking morning coffee, yes I liked coffee. 2 spoons of cream 4 spoons of sugar, we were out the door. Tony's car was a maroon mustang. Nice and two door. I hopped in and we drove off.

"So where do you have to be today," I asked. He smiled.

"Looking for a tux, prom is one month away and I have to look my finest," he said. Oh well that made sense. So it was a spur of the moment desicion to go to town today.

"Shoot I have to buy a dress," I said. I loved navy blue but gold or maroon was a close second.

"Hey I love blue, how about we wear blue, or we can wear maroon," he said. Hmmm....maroon was a good color.

"Maroon," I said as we pulled up into the school parking lot. Abraham was standing out front waiting for someone. Maybe Shontelle. Tony stooped the car and shook his head at him.

"You like him don't you," he said. I sighed.

"Maybe but he's with someone else or ast least he kissed her right in front of me and I thought we were getting so close," I said. He examined and spoke.

"Kiss me," he said. I turned my head in confusion.

"He's watching so kiss me, if he likes you I'll know, but I won't say anything, you'll have to figure it out yourself," he said. I took a breath and nodded.

We leaned in together. Our lips touched. But he was passionate and kind. It was nice, not like an in love nice but like he was sweet nice. We broke the kiss and he watched Abraham. He turned his head looking around. Tony grinned.

"Okay miss on to school," he said.

I waved goodbye to him and walked past Abraham like a boss. I felt great. Tony could be the best friend I've ever had. He helped me to make Abraham pay for yesterday. Of course I didn't know if he liked me or not.

Layla met me in the hall at my locker to give me the charger and when she seen my dress she freaked out. And she kept the outfit in her locker in case. It was just a pair of black leggings and a grey tunic but cute.

"So you stayed with Tony last night," she said. I nodded.

"He's sweet but just a friend for sure and he's my prom date," I said. She giggled.

"He is cute, and Abraham is taking Shontelle anyway, they aren't dating but they still hang out," she said. That hurt.

Oh well, I had Tony for now anyway and he was the sort of best friend any girl would be lucky to have.