Chapter 15

"Georgia," he said. I snapped out of my trance. Wait, he's never told me he loved me. And even Shontelle was shocked to hear him say that. She sat with her eyes widened.

"Tony, I," wait he didn't that because of the other night with Shontelle. Just play along.

"I love you too," I said. He spun me around kissing me once and then sat me back down. I asked if we could go get some dinner cause I was starving. Abraham wanted to go but Shontelle wouldn't let him. Honestly why was she so vindictive.

We went to the cafeteria and picked up a ham and cheese sandwich and a small side salad. I also added a protein bar. They were good. Two seconds later and Tony started talking to me.

"Now I don't think miss Ray of sunshine will not believe us, acting the part is important," he said. I sat down and I seen Abraham come in. Shontelle wasn't with him. He looked almost glad.

"Of good, I snuck away from Shontelle, not to be rude but she's clingy," he said. Oh great what did that make me.

"Not like a girlfriend clingy but like a flea or tick, she's evil," he said. I snorted. Tony looked at me with amusement.

"What, she is evil she was born manipulative and annoying did I mention she's only 14 yeah try that on for size and she skipped a grade, sophomore and stupid," I said. They just sat back and looked at me. I didn't know why, she was stupid.

"Anyway, I got away when she took a phone call out front. And had the nerve to tell Matt to.keep an eye on me so I told him to tell her I had walked back home and was gonna pick my car up later," he said. That was smart. Tony laughed.

"Bro, if you don't want her, then tell her," he said watching me  I was in a mopey mood. Abraham shrugged.

"Yeah, I didn't wanna be mean, but I am gonna have to tell her," he said.

I watched the two brothers talking about how they didn't like it when a girl they didn't like threw themselves at a man, and that people like Shontelle shouldn't have boyfriends, they should date themselves. It would be the same either way.

I got up and dumped my tray. Tony watched me. But then so did Abraham. He was staring a hole through me. I was not at all excited about prom because the one I loved was going with someone else.

Back at Tonys I had been explaining to him how I felt. He understood and told me to go with him, dress shopping. I agreed only because I hadn't gotten one yet. I was so excited. Tony promised not to look at the dress until they put it in a bag. So we headed off to the mall.

There was a prom store where there were so many dresses hanging up. Colors varied but I was looking for maroon. And then when I seen it it was perfect. Tony noticed as well. But he turned away and decided vest not to look at me in it. It was long but tight fitted and very beaded. And $1,200 No way was I getting it. But it wasn't my style. And I told Tony I wabte d something knee length, and flowy not big but like a lace or silk I'd even wear sheer. And when he came back to me in his hand was a sheer flowy dress it had sequences and the straps were 2 inches wide and had a sweetheart line in front.

I was in love with this dress I had never had one this nice before. It was so beautiful. I was at a loss for words. And I seen the tag, $500 No my budget was $300 and that was in and I told Tony. He tried arguing with me saying Abraham would love it. But I couldn't. So we left the store.

"Georgia, all sells are final and you can't it back, so here," he stooped handing me a bag that had the dress inside. I was shocked.

"Oh my God, Tony you bought my prom dress for me," I asked. He nodded. I was going to buy it.

"You deserve a good prom night," he said. I hugged him.

"Thank you so much," I said. He chuckled.

"Don't mention it, now just get your shoes," he said. I nodded. My shoes needed to be converse. Only because I loved converse. And I wasn't spending over $100 for them.

Shoe stores were sold out of most converse. I wore a size 8. And I couldn't find any. But there was a pair of white converse with red rhinestones all over them. And the last paid was my size. Thank goodness. They were on sale from $95 to $45 So I was saving. I told Tony I wanted them, and I have him the money to buy them but I waited outside the door.

"Okay let me get home," he said. But I wasn't going home. I was staying with mom tonight while dad stayed with Simon. And I told him that. He then brought me to the car and helped me in.

When we arrived at mom's house I hopped out grabbing my things and I the ked him again for the dress. He must've had plenty of money in order to do that. Mom was home and so was Louis. He had been here for a little while too.  I walked in and both of them were in the kitchen cooking dinner.

"I'm home," I said walking in the kitchen. Mom smiled and Louis was digging through the cabinets.

"What's this," she asked looking at the bags.

"Oh Tony bought me a prom dress, and I bought me some shoes," I told her. She nodded telling me to let her see. I showed her the shoes first she giggled. And then I showed her the dress and she loved it Louis turned around and gasped.

"Well I declare, he must think something of you to pay that price for that, it's a little expensive," he said. I nodded. Mom agreed.

"But one question," she said.

"You don't love him do you?"