Memories....

*5 years ago

I was only 10 years old at the time. But I knew a fight when I seen one. Mom and dad were going on about how they weren't right for each other anymore. Of course they weren't, but it still hurt. My 8 year old brother came to join me at the top of the staircase.

"G, what's going to happen if mom and dad split up where will you go and where will I go," he asked me. His tears streamed his face. That gold brown hair was ruffled from being in bed and his brown eyes glossed over.

"Si, I don't know, maybe we can stick together, but it's doubtful," I said truthfully. I knew either we'd go with one or the other.

"Children," Mom said as they passed the stair case. We swallowed hard. Dad looked at us with worry in his eyes.

"We already know mom," I said getting up.

"Georgia, we don't want to hurt you or your brother but we just, can't live together anymore," Mom said. I turned around but Simon just turned his back and walked back to his room.

"I understand mom, I love you both," I said. Dad had tears in his eyes. I knew he didn't want to do this but he knew it was best.

"You and you're brother have a choice, to stay with dad or come with me across town," She said. I started to remember the song mom use to sing.

"Some say love is a flower, others say it's a razor, I guess this one cut deep didn't it dad," I said. He stood in silence waiting for a response from mom.

"I choose mom."