2.1 - hashtag i don't knows

1:00 PM

"What the hell are you doing?" Michael yelled through the speaker of Luke's phone, not even giving him time to say hello.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Luke mocked him, now frustrated with Michael. He was having such an important conversation with Skylar and of course Michael had to call and ruin things.

"Have you even looked at your phone in the past hour? You're everywhere, Luke, everywhere." Michael said, practically shouting.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Luke lowered his voice, in case Skylar was able to overhear him.

"The girl, that's what I'm talking about. You're supposed to be on a fucking flight to Sydney right now and you're cuddling up to some girl in the airport." Michael snapped.

This is why Luke and Michael hardly ever got along, because it seemed like with every bad thing that happened to the band, Luke was to blame. Michael didn't like any of the publicity they got, and Luke was only bringing more attention to them by hanging out with Skylar.

"She's not just 'some girl', you prick. She's my friend. We're friends, we met this morning." Luke said blankly, wondering if Michael was going to believe him or not.

"'Friend' my ass, Luke, I saw the pictures of the two of you sitting in the middle of the airport, and holding hands in that sandwich place. Your face looked like the heart-eyes emoji." Michael let out a mean chuckle, making Luke cringe.

"I really don't like it when you compare me to emojis." Luke sighed, because Michael had done this before.

"Not my fault that you're like a walking, talking emoticon." Michael laughed meanly again and Luke pouted, even though Michael wouldn't be able to see him.

"Just fuck off, I'm not hurting anyone." Luke snapped.

"You're hurting us, Luke, the band." Michael argued, sounding tense. Knowing Michael, he had been watching twitter blow up about Luke and Skylar all morning, and probably waited until now to yell at Luke about it.

"I am not. What's your deal, Mike? Why do you care about this so much?" Luke asked.

"I care because you were sent home for a reason, and now you're fucking up things even more." Michael groaned, "You will not believe some of the rumors that are going around. Who is this girl, anyway? Because I just read something that said she was your new sex slave."

"She's just a girl that I met on the plane, we're hanging out with each other until tomorrow morning when our next flight comes." Luke huffed, wishing that Michael would just leave him alone.

"Then you're going to leave her, aren't you?" Michael asked. Luke hated how Michael just assumed that he would leave Skylar, when he didn't know what the two of them had been through together. Luke didn't want to leave.

"I told her that I wouldn't." Luke shrugged. He really wanted to keep in contact with Skylar after they got back home, but he wasn't sure how they would make that work. Luke had his career to think about, and Skylar had her mum.

"Lies." Michael snickered, able to see right through Luke.

Luke sighed, balling his hand up into a fist and rubbing his eyes with it. "I know."

"You'll just end up hurting her, you know." Michael let out a sigh along with Luke, who's heart had begun pounding hard in his chest, because he hadn't meant to start thinking about this until much later.