2.2 - tears

1:36 PM

After Luke had hung up the phone, Skylar watched him as he walked even farther away, towards the bathrooms. She wasn't sure why he didn't come back to tell her he was leaving, but it was alright, because she knew that he had to be out soon. At least, Skylar hoped he would.

She really liked Luke, even though just a few hours before she was complaining about how much of an annoying asshole he was. Things were different now, because Skylar had learned that Luke being an asshole was just an act, and he was a total sweetheart on the inside. She knew from the start that him being so cocky was probably for show, just for more attention, but never thought that she'd be able to dig deep enough to get past that.

Sure, he made a lot of those little perverted jokes that made Skylar squirm around in here seat and he was constantly trying to get her to have sex with him, but other than that, he was perfect for Skylar.

He was sweet and understanding and funny and he was even willing to let Skylar get tears all over his sweatshirt, and then wipe them off of her face himself. He was generous, and although he claimed that he carried all that money around for show, she knew he used it with good intent. He was always offering Skylar money if she needed it, even though she didn't. Skylar couldn't get him out of her head, and he certainly couldn't get the feeling of butterflies out of her stomach when he was near her.

She thought it was a bit stupid, actually, that she had developed such a crush on this boy that she only met earlier that morning. She had never really believed in love at first, though that wasn't even what her and Luke's "relationship" could be classified as, because they definitely didn't love each other at first glance. She didn't fall for him the second she saw him, but maybe there was such a thing of love at first...day? It only took one day for Skylar to start liking Luke, and that's ultimately what scared her the most, because she knew that he was just going to leave in the end.

But his eyes were just so pretty and his teeth were so shiny and straight and Skylar loved the way that he ran his tongue across his bottom lip before opening his mouth to speak. She liked the way he always tugged at his lip ring, something that he used to do to try and seduce her but now it was more out of nerves than anything. He was always tugging at the ends of his hair and trying to keep it looking perfect, when really there was always that one piece of hair sticking out weird, and Skylar love that. She loved - or rather, liked very much - a lot of little things about Luke.

After waiting for almost 20 minutes, Luke finally came back to the spot that him and Skylar had been sitting in and took a seat next to her, not saying a word as he tried to hide his face in his hands.

"Are you alright?" Skylar asked softly, noticing the way Luke kept his face covered.

"I'm fine." Luke mumbled. He was hunched over with his elbows resting on his knees and his hands over his whole face. It looked like he was trying to curl up as much a possible, trying to hide away from everything.

"It doesn't look like it." She said warily, putting a hand on Luke's shoulder.

"I'm fine Skylar. I'm fine I'm fine I'm fine. Just leave me alone." Luke snapped at her, which made Skylar scoot away from Luke. He didn't mean it, he didn't mean to snap at her. This was just what happened with Luke, he has a short temper. He never meant what he said, he told Skylar that earlier.

"Luke," She whispered, and began to back up even more, but Luke grabbed her wrist, stopping her. His fingers wiggled their way in between Skylar's and he held their hands up kind of awkwardly, with one of Luke's hands still covering half if his face and the other intertwined with Skylar's.