2.4 - red one

1:59 PM

Luke and Skylar were pretty quiet while they sat in the back of the car, neither of them wanting to talk too much for the sake of the man in the front seat. They kept their hands intertwined, resting on Skylar's lap as they both looked out of their opposite windows, and not at each other. Finally, Luke broke the silence.

"Red one." He said, and lightly punched Skylar in the arm with the hand that wasn't occupied with hers.

"What?" Skylar asked, turning to face Luke. She really didn't get what he was doing, she didn't even know what he meant by "red one". Red what?

"Uh, the car that passed by. It was a red Volkswagen Beatle. A punch buggy? Haven't you ever played that game?" Luke laughed at her, looking genuinely amused that she didn't get his game.

"You punch people?" She questioned. She wasn't sure that she really liked this game if it was just going to involve them beating each other up, she'd rather play the license plate game.

"Because some people call the car a punch buggy. You say 'punch buggy red' or 'punch buggy blue' and then punch whoever you're playing with." Luke explained, and Skylar nodded, still not seeing the point.

"I don't get it." She said, scrunching her eyebrows together. Luke let out a small "aw" at her actions, pouting back at her.

"Calum taught it to me, he learned it from someone that he met on our first trip to America. I thought maybe you knew what it was." Luke said slowly, seeming disappointed that Skylar didn't understand his game.

"We don't have to play." Luke said quietly, shifting in his seat again. Skylar moved too, now in a position where she could rest her head on Luke's chest.

She liked doing that, and she liked the way that he let her. When Skylar was leaning against Luke like that she felt safe, and warm, but mostly safe. He had this smell, that was really just some cologne that he probably didn't know the name of, but Skylar really loved it, and she liked just laying against Luke and inhaling, taking in the smell. His smell.

"You two are a cute couple, how long have you been together?" The driver asked them, looking at the pair through his rear view mirror. His name was Marty, he had introduced himself when they first got in the car.

"About 10 hours." Luke answered, making Skylar giggle. He leaned over and pressed his lips to the side of her head again, which only made her squirm even more. Skylar was still getting used to the feeling of Luke's lips touching her, it wasn't something that she had ever planned on happening.

"Oh, I see." Marty nodded, and after that he shut up.

"Luke," Skylar groaned, trying to wiggle herself out of his grasp. Luke only moved his hands to her waist and pinched her sides, making Skylar let out a high pitched squeal.

"Baby, calm down." Luke said, sending Skylar a wink.

"Stop it." Skylar snapped quietly, though she wasn't very mad anymore.

"You love it." Luke said, his voice low in Skylar's ear. His lips gently grazed over her skin, going down her neck.

"Where do you want to go?" Skylar asked, realizing that she hadn't yet seen a place in this town worthy enough to stop at.

"Honestly, I want to go back to a hotel room." Luke whispered, sending chills down Skylar's spine again.

"Not yet." Skylar sighed. She knew that she was indirectly agreeing to spending the night with Luke in a hotel room, but she wasn't sure if she even minded anymore. Luke had been right, Skylar needed to live a little and this was the perfect time to do it.

"We could go get food." Luke shrugged and Skylar shook her head. She had eaten enough today for the time being, and didn't understand how Luke could still be hungry.

"See a movie?" Luke suggested.

Skylar just shook her head again.

"Go shopping?" Luke laughed quietly, turning to look out the window. They were passing by a run down boutique that looked like it hadn't gotten any real business in years.

Skylar denied Luke's request once again, not feeling very up for shopping either. She wanted to do something, but she didn't know what. It had to be the right thing, they couldn't just go any do anything.

"Let's get matching tattoos." Luke said excitedly, glancing out the window at a tattoo parlor flashing by.

"Not today." Skylar chuckled, and for a second she thought that maybe there would come a time when her and Luke actually plan on getting matching tattoos with each other.

"Sky, stop turning down all of my ideas." Luke whined.

"I'm not trying to." Skylar laughed, looking up at Luke and rolling her eyes. She sat up all the way again, returning her attention to what was outside the window, now determined to find somewhere to stop.

"I think matching tattoos would be super cute." Luke said softly, almost too soft for Skylar to even hear him.

"So do I, but not tonight. Later." Skylar assured him, hoping that there would really be a later. She didn't want this to be just a one time thing for the two of them, she wanted to see Luke again after this was all over.

Luke turned back to the window, and Skylar tried hard to focus on what was outside while listening to Luke hum the tune of a song that she didn't know, the same one that Luke had set as his ringtone earlier that day.

"Recently I've been hopelessly reaching..." Luke sang under his breath, and Skylar almost jumped at the sound of him singing. "Out for this girl, who's out of this world..."

She couldn't believe that she was this stupid, Skylar was literally just processing the fact that Luke was the lead singer of a band, meaning that he could sing, and obviously pretty well if he was so famous for it.

"You'll have to sing for me later." She said, nudging Luke's shoulder with her own. They did that a lot too, the shoulder nudge. Skylar liked it.

"Maybe." Luke said, a slight blush forming on his cheeks.

The both turned and looked straight ahead of them, through the windshield of the car. Suddenly they both saw where they wanted to go, and immediately they looked at each other, wide smiles on their faces. Luke looked at Skylar for an extra second, waiting for her to confirm that this was indeed where she wanted to stop for now. After receiving a short nod from Skylar, Luke giggled quietly, before leaning forward and practically yelling into Marty's ear.

"Stop the car!"