5.4 - home

Sydney, Australia

23:14

Skylar didn't talk to Luke for the rest of the flight, despite all of his begging. She knew that he felt bad and she hoped that he regretted what he'd did, but right now Skylar felt that she just needed some space away from Luke for a while. He was a jerk to her and she wasn't going to forgive him just like that, because Skylar wasn't that stupid anymore.

"Sky, please talk to me." Luke whispered, and leaned over her shoulder as they walked down the aisle of the plane. They'd just landed, and all Skylar could really think about was how badly she wanted to just get off and go see her mom.

"What is there to talk about?" Skylar glanced over her shoulder at Luke, who was smiling solely because she'd spoken to him again. Luke nervously chewed on his bottom lip as they walked the rest of the way off the plane and towards the terminal. Finally, Luke spoke again.

"I wanted to tell you that I - " But Luke was cut off by lots of shouting and camera flashes, and it honestly took Skylar a minute to process what was happening.

She finally understood what was going on when she heard everyone calling Luke's name, asking him questions (a lot of them being about her) and yelling for him to turn towards him. There were fans, too, lots of fans and they all looked like they wanted to murder Skylar.

Luke immediately dropped Skylar's hand and took at least two steps to the side of her, like they weren't even together anymore. He reached out and barely placed his hand on her back, leading her through the crowds.

"Why are they here?" Skylar finally asked, once her and Luke had found a place to stand that was far away from all the madness caused by them.

"I don't - " Luke looked around, not meeting Skylar's stare, like he was in a trance.

"Luke," Skylar repeated, "Why are they here?"

"It's what they do." Luke said, shrugging. He acted like he wasn't even phased by this, like it was completely normal for people to crowd and shout at him like that.

Skylar felt like she was going to have a nervous breakdown, and she was only surrounded by people for a few minutes. She didn't like the way they were yelling, or begging for pictures, or asking so many questions. And she hated it even more that she was the main topic of conversation.

"You're not bothered by that?" Skylar asked.

"No, not really." Luke shrugged again. Skylar was suddenly even more upset than she had been with Luke, because he wasn't being very nice about this. It was pretty obvious that Skylar was having a hard time handling this, and Luke wasn't exactly acting like he cared.

"I need to go get my bag..." Skylar mumbled, looking down at the floor. She tried to push passed Luke, but he grabbed her by the shoulders and stopped her.

"Can you stay here for a minute?" He asked.

"What? Why?" Skylar questioned, not understanding. She just wanted to leave, why wasn't Luke letting her leave?

"Because I need to get my bag, too, and it'll bring too much attention to everything if you go at the same time as me." Luke shrugged again.

"But, Luke, I really have to - "

"I just think you should...um, wait over there." Luke interrupted, licking his lips.

"What? No. Why?" Skylar asked, not understanding. Did Luke forget or something? She needed to get home, like, now. She couldn't stand around and wait for him to be done getting his bags before she got to pick up hers. She had something waiting for her, Luke didn't.