6.4 - goodNIGHT

20:43 PM

"I had a really good time tonight." Skylar said as her and Luke walked down the hallway to her apartment.

"So did I." Luke chuckled, swinging their hands back and forth between them. He'd been acting extremely happy all night, and Skylar knew why, so she wasn't even going to say anything about it.

"I hope that we can do this again soon." Skylar said as they stopped in front of her apartment room.

"We can." Luke nodded. "Here, give me your phone."

Skylar took her phone out of her pocket and handed it to Luke, who quickly entered his number and then texted himself, before handing it back to Skylar.

"I can't believe I didn't get your number sooner." Luke and Skylar both laughed, because it was a little strange of them to not have exchanged phone numbers sooner than now.

"It's alright, now you have it." Skylar smiled, slipping her phone back in her pocket.

"You know what we should do?" Luke asked, putting his hands on Skylar's hips and pulling her forward, resting his chin on her forehead.

Skylar inhaled deeply, trying to take in Luke's scent, which is just one more thing about him that she hadn't realized she'd missed so much until now. "What?" She finally asked, letting out a small sigh.

"We should go back someday, and do it all again." Luke suggested, pressing a quick kiss to the top of Skylar's head.

"What?" She questioned, not understanding.

"Someday I'll take you back, Skybaby, back to that town we were stuck in for 24 hours, and we'll recreate our whole night." Luke whispered, running his hands up and down Skylar's back.

She wanted to invite him in to stay the night, but Luke had already said earlier that he wanted to take things slow (despite them having sex earlier that day) and he didn't want to rush things by them spending the night together.

"That'd be nice." Skylar said, not exactly meaning it, because she wasn't sure how Luke was ever going to manage getting them back to that run-down town they hung out in all day.

"I'm serious." Luke whispered, "I really think we should do that. Not now, of course, but someday in the near future."

"I like when you talk about the future." Skylar mumbled, looking back up at Luke.

"I like you." He laughed, kissing the tip of her nose. "I actually love you, I just wanted to be cute."

"You're always cute." Skylar said, and rolled her eyes at him. She put his hands on Luke's chest, pushing him away from her. "It's lame."

"You're lame." Luke pouted.

"I should go back inside now." Skylar said softly. Alex was probably back, and it was getting late, she'd most likely be wondering where Skylar was now.

"Okay." Luke nodded, pulling Skylar forward once more. He leaned down and kissed her slowly, cupping his hands around her cheeks.

"I'll text you later, maybe we can hang out, like... Tomorrow." Skylar chuckled, talking a small step back from Luke.

"We can do that." Luke nodded, biting down on his bottom lip.

"Then... Goodbye." Skylar mumbled, turning towards the door.

"No, baby, not goodbye. Goodbye's are for people that are never going to see each other again." Luke said as he walked backwards down the hallway. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight, Luke." Skylar leaned up against the door, watching Luke walk away from her.

"I love you, baby, I'll see you tomorrow!" Luke yelled over his shoulder, finally turning around.

"I love you!" Skylar yelled back. "See you tomorrow!"

Skylar watched Luke walk down the hall until he disappeared, and she realized that she was so in love with the too-tall rockstar she met on the plane with tight pants and the stupid sweatshirt; and she couldn't be happier.

Luke walked down the hallway, a big smile on his face as he thought about how in love he was with the innocent girl he met on the plane with the cute little nose and the adorably huge backpack; and he couldn't he happier.

Because they were just two kids, who learned that it was completely possible to fall in love in only 24 hours.