6.2 - awk

17:13 PM

Skylar woke up a few hours later and immediately reached out for Luke, only to find her bed empty.

She sat up slowly, looking around her bedroom, thinking for a second that maybe Luke was just playing a mean joke and hiding from her somewhere. But when he didn't pop out from behind her closet door or under her bed Skylar let out a sigh, because she should have known that it was too good to be true.

He was Luke Hemmings, he fucked then left, that was just what he did.

Skylar got out of bed, feeling a little uncomfortable about the fact that she was naked, but hey, no one was there to look at her. She saw that Luke's clothes were gone as well, everything except his sweatshirt, which was folded neatly and left on the edge of Skylar's bed.

Skylar found her bra and underwear on the floor and put them back on before taking Luke's stupid sweatshirt and shrugging it on her shoulders, zipping it up halfway. She walked out of her bedroom and down the hall, where she heard someone in the kitchen making noise and figured that Alex was home.

She tried not to cry, but she could already feel some tears pricking at the corners of her eyes, because Skylar really couldn't believe that she had been that stupid. Of course Luke wasn't going to stay, of course he hadn't changed.

Skylar wiped her eyes with the sleeve of Luke's sweatshirt while she walked into the kitchen, and she wasn't surprised to see Alex at the sink washing some dishes, but she was very surprised to see who was standing next to her.

"Sky! You're awake!" Luke smiled, opening his arms wide and waking towards Skylar, who stood frozen in the middle of the kitchen.

Luke walked over to Skylar and pulled her into a big hug, tightly wrapping his arms around her and resting his chin on the top of her head.

"You stayed?" Skylar whispered, her words muffled from her mouth being pressed against Luke's shirt.

"Baby, of course I did." Luke chuckled, pulling away from Skylar. "I just got a little restless, because I couldn't sleep, so I came out here to talk to your cousin. Who is very nice, by the way. Did you know we actually went to the same high school?"

"I never talked to Luke, he was far too dorky for me to associate myself with him." Alex laughed, drying her hands off with a paper towel.

"Hey." Luke whined, sending a quick glare to Alex.

"I - I thought you left." Skylar said softly, looking up at Luke with a confused expression on her face.

"I promised you I wouldn't!" Luke laughed again, taking both of Skylar's hands in his. He glanced over at Alex, who was leaning against the counter and staring at the two of them. It made Skylar uncomfortable.

"Oh, I actually have to run out again!" Alex said, smiling at Luke, before grabbing her purse from the kitchen island and heading off to the front door again. "Don't get pregnant, Sky, I'll be home in a few hours!"

"Your cousin's cool." Luke chuckled once Alex was gone, smiling down at Skylar.

"Yeah, I like her." Skylar shrugged. She felt really bad for what she had been thinking earlier, and how she assumed that Luke hadn't changed. Clearly he had, and Skylar had just misunderstood. She still felt bad.

"I'm sorry I scared you like that, I really should have stayed in bed until you woke up, I just got so fidgety and I couldn't handle laying there any longer. I feel awful, I wish I had - "

"Luke, it's okay." Skylar let out a small laugh, feeling a bit more relieved now that she knew how bad Luke felt about this. She should have never doubted him.

"Do you have plans tonight?" Luke asked, leading Skylar over to the couch and sitting them both down again. Skylar let out another giggle, because the way Luke was acting was so cute. He seemed so nervous, Skylar hardly ever saw him this way. "I mean, are you busy?"

"No, I'm not." Skylar said truthfully, because she had planned on staying home all night and watching cheesy romantic comedies until 3 in the morning like she always did.

"Can I take you to that nice Italian restaurant I was talking about that one time?" Luke asked, nervously biting down on his bottom lip.

"Like, a date?" Skylar said teasingly, leaning in a little. She tucked her legs underneath her, clearly not noticing the way Luke was staring at them.

"It can be a date if you want it to be a date." Luke licked his lips, staring down at Skylar's hands, which were resting comfortably in his own.

"I think I want it to be a date." Skylar giggled, a blush rising to her cheeks as she started to think about this a little more. This was actually happening, her and Luke were actually going to have a happy ending after all.

"I think I want it to be a date, too." Luke said, and his cheeks turned a nice rosy pink color as well.

"Then it's a date." Skylar smiled.

"It's a date." Luke repeated, looking very proud of himself for the fact that he'd asked Skylar out.

Skylar leaned in and cupped Luke's face in her hands, taking this initiative to pull him in for a kiss, which is something she didn't normally like doing. She scooted forward a little and Luke pulled her onto his lap, allowing them to deepen the kiss while his hands moved under the sweatshirt, finding a spot to rest on her hips.

"I can totally get used to this." Luke whispered, pulling away from Skylar just slightly so that their noses were still touching but their lips were separated once again.

"So can I." Skylar said, and Luke kissed her quickly on the lips again.

"I kind of, like," Luke paused, looking up at the ceiling. "I kind of want to spend the rest of my life with you."

"So do I." Skylar smiled, a warm and fuzzy feeling filling her entire body as she stared into Luke's eyes, which held the most serious look, like he really meat what he'd said.

"You're so cute." Luke mumbled, kissing the tip of her nose. "I love you so much."

"I love you more." Skylar said, scrunching her nose up.

"I really don't think you do." Luke scoffed.

"No." Skylar pouted, and Luke leaned in and kissed her, making her pout turn into a smile.

"Sky, I'm serious, I really don't think you could ever love me more than I love you." Luke laughed.

"Hmm, we'll see." Skylar turned away from Luke and crawled off of his lap, getting off of the couch and heading off down the hall again, towards her room so she could get ready for their date tonight.

-

the ending was so awkward lol but yeah I'm beginning to feel very sad about this story ending awk

I didn't know what to name this chapter either thus the "awk"