6.3 - date

18:23 PM

"So, what have you been up to?" Skylar asked, twirling her pasta around on her plate. Luke had finally got around to taking Skylar out to that restaurant, and they were currently eating while making some (awkward) small talk.

"Um, nothing really." Luke said nervously. He didn't really want to explain to Skylar how depressed and miserable he had been in the past three months, he didn't want her to feel as if it was her fault. It wasn't, it was all Luke's, but they were past that now.

They were on a date, a real date, and Luke didn't want to do anything to fuck it up this time.

"Really?" Skylar questioned, raising her eyebrows at him.

"Life kinda sucked for a while, babe, but it's good now." Luke smiled, taking Skylar's hand from across the table and intertwining their fingers.

"I'm glad." Skylar smiled as well, biting down on her bottom lip.

Luke was so, so, lucky that Skylar had forgiven him for all the shit he did. He was the luckiest guy in the world, and now Luke was going to spend every second making sure that Skylar never regretted giving Luke a second chance.

"I know that this date is barely half over," Luke chuckled, his thumb moving in small circles on the top of Skylar's hand, "but I'd really like for us to do this again. Soon."

"Okay." Skylar nodded, laughing a little because her mouth was full of food.

"Does that sound good?" Luke asked. He was nervous, and he hoped that Skylar wouldn't notice how sweaty his hand was. He had this fear in the back of his mind that Skylar was going to simply change her mind, about all of this, and just tell Luke to get the hell out of there.

"Yeah." Skylar continued to nod, taking a sip from her root beer.

"There's this zoo, I think, nearby, we could go there. Or my mum was telling me once about this movie theater that only shows old movies, like, black and white shit." Luke elaborated, just listening off every possible idea he could think of. He wasn't used to dates, he'd never been on one before, so he was a bit new at this.

"We can go anywhere, Luke." Skylar laughed. "I won't mind as long as I'm with you."

"That was really cheesy." Luke said, but he couldn't help the smile speeding across his face. He was so damn lucky.

"No it wasn't." Skylar pouted.

"Yes it was, but it's okay." Luke laughed. He wanted to lean across the table and kiss her, but he was too scared that he'd end up tipping everything over and make the food go flying, so he stayed put. He'd kiss her later. A lot.

"You know, Luke, I didn't think I was ever going to see you again." Skylar said after a moment, once their laugher had died down a bit.

"I honestly didn't think I was going to see you again, either, but then I decided to just fuck it and find you." Luke shrugged.

"How did you find me?" Skylar asked suddenly, like she'd just realized how weird it was that Luke literally tracked her down and knocked on her front door.

"I had my mum help me." Luke blushed. "I knew your name and everything, so I just... searched around, you know."

"Aw, Lukebaby went and got help from his mummy." Skylar mocked him, pretending to pout.

"I love my mummy, thank you very much." Luke laughed, looking down and trapping Skylar's foot in between his own. He looked up at her, a big dorky smile still on his face. "I like when you call me Lukebaby."

"I like when you call me Skybaby." Skylar shrugged.

"So we're even." Luke smirked back at her. Seeing that they were both now done with their meal, Luke began to search around the restaurant for their waiter so he could get the check.

The waiter came by just a few minutes later and gave the bill to Luke, who paid it right away and ignored how many times Skylar tried to offer to pay herself (she thought it was only fair, because he paid for everything that day three months ago). When everything was paid for and they were all ready to leave, Luke suggested that they go take a walk, despite how chilly it was outside, simply because he wasn't ready for this night to end.

"Do you remember when I asked you about constellations?" Luke asked after they'd walked in silence for a few minutes, both of them staring intently up at the sky.

"Yeah," Skylar nodded, tightening her grip on Luke's hand just a little as a gust of wind blew past them.

"That's what I did these last three months." Luke muttered under his breath, still staring up above him.

"You learned about constellations?" Skylar asked.

"Yeah." Luke whispered. He finally brought his eyes away from the sky and lead Skylar over to a grassy patch, next to the path they were walking on."Lay down." Luke said softly, letting go of Skylar's hand for just a second so he could get down on the ground.

Skylar laid down next to Luke before taking his hand again, bringing it closer to her so their intertwined fingers were resting on her stomach.

"I love you." Luke said quickly, because he really felt that he hadn't and never would say it enough.

"I love you, too." Skylar smiled, leaning over and planting a quick kiss on Luke's cheek before directing her attention to the sky again.

Luke smiled to himself, once again feeling like the luckiest guy in the entire world, and stared at Skylar for a few seconds too long, just taking in how beautiful she looked.

"So that one," Luke finally said, pointing up at the sky. "I think that's Orion's Belt..."

They laid there like that for hours, simply talking about anything and everything, just enjoying each other's company.

-

the end of that was fuckin cheesy my god

quick update because I think I'm double ((possibly triple)) updating tonight so year

the next chapter is literally the last one lol