4.2 - pictures

10:39 PM

After some swimming around and lots and lots of making out in the water, Luke and Skylar finally decided to go back on the beach and attempt to dry off before putting their clothes back on. Skylar worried that they were staying out too late, but Luke told her not to, because she had no reason to. He was insisting that they "still had time" to do whatever he had planned, though Skylar was sure that he was making up this little adventure as they went.

"I'm freezing." Skylar said, rubbing her hands along her arms to try and warm herself up.

Since their underwear was all wet, they couldn't just put their clothes back on over it, so the pair was forced to let themselves air dry for a while before getting dressed again. It would have worked out perfectly fine if it wasn't so cold.

"So am I. I didn't really think this through." Luke said as he bounced up and down a little, trying to warm himself up as well.

"Obviously." Skylar joked. She picked up Luke's sweatshirt from the sand and draped it over her shoulders, just enough so that it was keeping her warm but still staying dry.

"I'm sorry." Luke chuckled, watching Skylar as she shivered uncontrollably, her teeth chattering.

"Can I have a hair tie?" Skylar asked, holding her hand out to Luke. Throughout the night Luke had taken them out of Skylar's hair and put them on his own wrist, because he apparently liked how Skylar looked with her hair down. She tried to act like it annoyed her when Luke stole the hair ties like that, but really it just made Skylar feel all giddy inside.

"Yeah, here." Luke gave in more easily than Skylar thought he would have and handed her a hair tie, allowing Skylar to throw her hair up into an extremely messy bun.

As she was attempting to make her hair look more presentable she heard the shutter of a camera go off, and then saw the flash. Her first thought was that it was paparazzi again, sneaking up on her and Luke, but the series of giggles erupting from behind her told Skylar otherwise.

"Did you just take a picture of me?" She stood up straight again, turning around to face Luke. He was holding his phone in his hands, the screen lighting up his face as he giggled down at whatever was on it.

"You're just so pretty, I had to." Luke laughed, his eyes still on his phone. He held it up again and snapped a few more photos of Skylar, not bothering to tell her to pose or anything.

"I look gross, stop it!" Skylar whined, holding her hands up in front of her face. She wasn't kidding, she had just been swimming in the ocean and her hair looked a mess and the small amount of makeup she had on her eyes was a bit runny and on top of it all she was soaking wet. It wasn't really Skylar's ideal time for a photoshoot.

"I'm tweeting that one!" Luke laughed even harder, turning the phone towards her for a split second before making it face him again.

"No, don't!" Skylar almost shouted, running towards Luke to stop him. She knew that if he tweeted the picture of her his fans would just get upset, and she didn't want that for more reasons than one.

Mainly because she knew she was going to get hate, but also because she knew it would hurt the fans. She was a bit conflicted, because while part of her hated the fans for being so mean earlier, another part knew how sad they would get over this. Skylar hadn't had much experience with liking bands before, but she assumed that having you're favorite band member tweet about being with some girl wouldn't feel very good.

Maybe Skylar was just too nice, maybe those things didn't really matter to anyone.

"You look so fucking cute, I have to post it somewhere." Luke pouted, showing the picture to her again. It was taken while she had been turning around, half of a smile on her lips and her eyebrows scrunched together, looking like she was confused as to why Luke was taking the picture. Her hair was a mess, in a tangled bun on the top of her head while Luke's sweatshirt was hanging off of her body like it was 10 sizes too big. It was.

"Okay, fine, it's cute. But don't you think it'll upset your fans?" Skylar asked hesitantly as Luke typed away on his phone, sending the tweet without discussing it with Skylar any further.

"Who cares what they think?" He asked, giving Skylar a small shrug. "If I'm happy, they should be happy."

"I mean, I guess that's one way to look at it..." Skylar sighed, looking down at the ground. She was still shivering, her legs shaking as water dropped off of her body.

"Come here." Luke dropped his phone on top of his pile of dry clothes and held his arms out, inviting Skylar to come closer.

"You're all wet." Skylar said, shaking her head.

"So are you." Luke laughed and took a step closer to her, deciding to make the first move. He wrapped his arms around Skylar's waist and pulling her into him, pressing his lips to her forehead.

"Your chest is all wet." Skylar whined, moving so the side of her face was pressed up against it rather than the front.

"So is yours." Luke shrugged, and Skylar let out a laugh.

She was still having trouble understanding why and how she felt this way about Luke in only one day, but at the moment Skylar didn't care. She knew what she wanted, and she wanted Luke. Skylar had never been in love before, or even really liked someone for that matter, but what she was feeling for Luke seemed a lot like love, because it was too strong to be anything else. Skylar wasn't quite sure yet, but she thought that she loved him.

"Luke?" Skylar smiled, and when Luke looked down to speak to Skylar she took it upon herself to stand up on her toes and kiss him, startling Luke.

"Mmm," Luke mumbled a response into Skylar's lips as he tried to kiss her back harder and more passionately, than the kisses they'd shared in the water just minutes before.

He just made her so happy and carefree and when Skylar was with Luke she felt like she was the only girl in the world. (Which was super cliché, but Skylar didn't care). He made her feel so special and loved, like no one else had done before. Skylar had almost forgotten that she'd only met Luke a few hours ago, and she hadn't known him for years like she felt she had. He was so special and so important to her, and Skylar wanted to stay with him for as long as she possibly could.

And if she couldn't stay with him, she wanted to had a permanent reminder of Luke, the first boy she'd ever fallen in love with.

"Luke?" Skylar said again, pulling her lips away from his. They'd been kissing this whole time and Skylar had hardly paid attention to any of it, her thoughts were too consumed with her feelings towards Luke.

"Yeah, baby? What is it?" Luke asked, moving his lips down to Skylar's neck. He left small kisses along her neck and then on her collarbone, where he sucked gently.

"I want to do something." She whispered, not wanting to explain the entire thing just yet.

"Uh huh? What do you want to do, baby?" Luke muttered, his lips still sucking away at Skylar's skin.

"Something kind of crazy?" Skylar said, almost as a question. She had a plan now, and she wasn't going to take no for an answer. Either Luke went with her or she went on her own.

"Crazy?" Luke questioned, pulling away from Skylar. He set his hands on her shoulders, looking down into her eyes like he was concerned.

"Yeah, crazy." Skylar nodded, grabbing Luke's hand. She led him over to her pile of clothes, so she could get dressed again. They were mostly dried off now, and Skylar wanted to leave as soon as possible.

"What kind of crazy?" Luke asked, following after Skylar. He gave her hand a squeeze when she didn't answer him, encouraging her to speak.

Skylar smiled, turning around to face Luke again. "You'll see."

-

next chapter will be longer to make up for this gross filler ok bye sorry for any errors

Skylar's like "wow what the fuck I love Luke"

And Luke's like "haha Sky's preeeetty"