1.6 - ham and cheese, please

12:03 PM

"Are you hungry now?" Luke asked, standing up from his place on the floor. They were finished with their game of 20 Questions now and wondering what to do with themselves.

Skylar nodded just a little, even though her stomach was still feeling a little queasy from her almost getting sick on the plane. Luke grabbed her backpack from the floor and swung it over his own shoulders again, not even saying a word as he walked away with it.

When Skylar caught up to Luke he was still walking like he was on some sort of mission and needed to get there on time. Luke obviously noticed that Skylar was now next to him, because he reached out and grabbed her hand, pulling her closer to his side while they walked. His fingers fit in the spaces between hers, and for a second Skylar felt like this was almost normal, like this was how it had alway been. It was almost as if she had forgotten that her and Luke met only a few hours before.

"What do you want to eat, Sky?" Like asked, looking around the airport. "There's a sandwich place there...it looks like they have some pizza, too. There's that coffee place from earlier with the little breakfast sandwiches. I wonder if they have, like, Chinese food anywhere..."

"Whatever you want." Skylar shrugged. She let go of Luke's hand for a moment and turned him around, reaching into her backpack for her wallet.

"I'll buy." Luke turned away, smiling down at Skylar as she glared up at him.

"It's really fine if you - " She started to say, but Luke cut her off.

"Sandwich place it is." Luke said loudly, taking Skylar's hand in his again and leading her towards the same restaurant.

"This is weird." Skylar stopped walking, making Luke stagger backwards a little.

"What's weird?" He asked, looking down at her and raising his eyebrows.

"Just a few hours ago I hated you." Skylar said quietly, looking down at the floor. It was kind of embarrassing, actually, how Skylar felt that she actually liked Luke a little more now even though she couldn't stand him earlier.

"And now how do you feel?" Luke asked, playing with his lip ring again. This time he didn't seem like he was doing it to be cocky, or to get Skylar's attention. He looked nervous.

"Different." Skylar shrugged, then walked past Luke and into the sandwich shop.

"I never hated you, just so you know." Luke appeared next to Skylar as she stood in front of the menu for the restaurant, trying to decide between a turkey sandwich on rye or ham and cheese.

"Oh, are you sure, Mr. 'I don't appreciate you being so annoying'?" Skylar laughed, turning to face Luke once again. He wasn't even looking at her, but focusing on the menu in front of him as well.

"I was in a bad mood, it was still early for me." Luke said, still not meeting Skylar's stare.

"It was early for everyone." She countered.

"I didn't hate you. I liked you, and I still do. But now I like you for different reasons." Luke shrugged.

"What do you mean, different reasons?" Skylar took a step closer to Luke and grabbed him by the sleeve of his sweatshirt, turning him towards her.

"I, um," Luke licked his lips, "I like the way you bite your nails when you're nervous and how you keep having to retie your hair..."

"You've noticed things like that?" Skylar asked him, amazed that Luke had paid attention to such little things like that, when previously it seemed like all he cared about was getting into her pants.

"Why, you haven't noticed anything little about me?" He smirked, just waiting for Skylar to complement him.

She thought about it for a few seconds before answering him. "Well I like your lip ring, and how you always use your tongue play with it. And you have this one piece of hair that's kind of sticking out from all the others."

"Do I really?" Luke brought his hands up to his hair that was styled in a quiff, desperately trying to get it all into place again. His cheeks were suddenly tinted pink, and Skylar couldn't help but blush at that as well.

"Well you fixed it now, but I liked it." Skylar said softly.

"Are you two lovebirds ready to order?" The girl behind the cash register asked them, snapping them both out of their little daze. She was smacking on a piece of gum and looked like she would rather be anywhere else in the world at the moment, and Skylar and Luke both noticed.

"Yes," Luke nodded, taking out another hundred dollar bill from his wallet, "two ham and cheese sandwiches, please."