5.1 - breakfast

5:02 AM

Luke couldn't sleep. He didn't sleep. At all.

He was laying on his side, staring at the alarm clock on the bedside table while Skylar snored softly beside him. It was 5:02, which was almost exactly 24 hours since Skylar and Luke first bumped into each other at the airport.

He was still amazed at everything they'd been through, and how quickly all of this had seemed to happen to them. Luke never thought that he would ever be able to fall in love, and somehow he'd done it in only one day. He thought that it was impossible, but sadly it wasn't, and Luke was now hopelessly in love with someone didn't need to be loved by him.

That was the main thing that Luke was afraid of, that he wouldn't be able to love Skylar enough in the future. He wanted to be her boyfriend, but he felt that wasn't going to be good enough. He never wanted to hurt Skylar, and based on Luke's history with, well, everything, he was sure that he would manage to somehow.

Luke rolled over and glanced at Skylar again, who was still sleeping sounding with her head buried in a pillow. Luke slowly untangled his limbs from hers and slowly crawled out of bed, stretching his arms above his head. He put his shoes back on first and then his shirt, which he hadn't picked up from the floor since Skylar took it off the night before.

He left his sweatshirt on the edge of the bed, incase Skylar woke up and was cold.

Luke walked out of the hotel room, slowly making his way down the dimly lit hallway and went down to the lobby, where he knew they would sell something that he could bring back for Skylar to have for breakfast.

It didn't take Luke long to pick up some food and pay for it, thanking the woman behind the counter and telling her to have a nice day, which is something that Luke rarely ever did. He seemed to be in a happier mood this morning, despite how worried he was about what was going to happen later.

When Luke got back to their hotel room he found Skylar sitting up on the bed, trying to braid her hair so it wasn't so messy anymore. She hadn't put on his sweatshirt, as it was still laying on the edge of the bed. Skylar smiled at Luke as he sat down and handed her a blueberry muffin and a small bottle of orange juice that he'd bought downstairs.

"Good morning, sweetheart." Luke said happily, leaning over and kissing Skylar on the forehead.

"Good morning." Skylar giggled in response, immediately taking a big bite out of the muffin. She was obviously hungry, it seemed like the last time they ate was days ago, not hours.

"Did you sleep well?" Luke asked. He ate some of his own muffin and waited for Skylar to answer him.

"Yeah, I guess." Skylar shrugged. "I'm still really tired, though."

"You can sleep on the plane, I'll let you use my arm for a pillow again." Luke laughed, bumping his shoulder against Skylar's.

"Alright." Skylar giggled again, leaning into Luke. He wrapped one arm around her shoulders and kissed the side of her head again. Luke was very touchy this morning, because he felt that he needed to make the most of these last few hours they had with each other.

"We should get going soon, shouldn't we?" Luke asked.

"Yeah," Skylar nodded. "We have some time, the plane doesn't come until almost 9."

"We'll have to call and wait for a cab, though."

"Right." Skylar nodded. She finished off her muffin at the same time Luke did, and the passed him her orange juice so he could have a sip.