1.1 - google

10:46 AM

As Skylar sipped her coffee she pulled out her phone, quickly typing Luke's name into the search bar. She had wanted to Google him as soon as she figured out he was famous, just to see what exactly he was famous for. As the screen loaded it was immediately filled with various pictures of Luke and three other boys, the same boys that were at the airport earlier.

They were in a band, apparently, called 5 Seconds of Summer. Without even knowing the members personally, something told Skylar that the boy with red and black hair named the band. It was a wild guess, but it seemed logical. They were really famous, or at least that's what Skylar had gathered from the thousands of news articles written about them. Skylar didn't want to pry too much, so she didn't read the articles that were directly about Luke.

Skylar tried to be as discreet as she could as she flicked through pictures of Luke and his other bandmates, laughing softly at a few of them. Luke sure knew how to pull some weird faces. But the pictures also showed that he was a huge partier, and there was even a shot of him throwing up outside of a club. Skylar really could have gone her whole life without seeing that.

"What are you laughing at, Sky?" Luke asked from across the table. Skylar rolled her eyes and set her phone down, sliding it towards Luke. His face got red at the sight of the picture in front of him, showing him making an extremely strange face.

"Oh, God." Luke groaned. "You Googled me?"

"I had to." Skylar shrugged.

"So did you read up on all of my drug problems yet?" Luke asked sarcastically, frowning. Skylar shook her head. She assumed that he didn't really have a big problem with drugs, and that's why he seemed so upset about it. Media did tend to over exaggerate those types of things.

"I didn't, actually." Skylar said. "I don't want to hear about it, anyway."

"You don't? That's what everyone wants to hear about." Luke took a sip of his coffee.

"No really. Tell me about your band." Skylar said instead. She was choosing to try and find some good qualities about Luke, rather than focus on all of his bad choices.

"Well, I'm the lead singer but I also play guitar. Cal plays the bass, Mike plays guitar with me, and Ash is on the drums." Luke explained bluntly. His eyes lit up when he spoke about his bandmates, and Skylar could tell that he really liked them.

"Calum, Michael and Ashton?" Skylar asked, having read their names a few minutes before. She sighed at the fact that Luke had to have a nickname for everyone he'd ever met.

"Yeah, them." Luke nodded. "Did you read anything about them kicking me out of the band?"

"They kicked you out?" Skylar scoffed. She didn't see why they would want to kick Luke out of the band, he was their frontman, they couldn't go anywhere without Luke.

"Indirectly, they did. They sent me back home because I can't handle myself. I get drunk and party too much, they're sick of it." Luke said, smiling to himself. It looked as though he was trying to seem like he was proud of himself for this, but he really wasn't. He was ashamed and Skylar could see right through him.

"They're probably just looking out for you, they don't want you to get hurt." Skylar shrugged. She scrolled through her phone again until she came to a picture of all the boys together. "Tell me who's who."

"That's Calum, I've known him for forever," Luke said, pointing to the boy with dark hair. "There's Ashton, he's the oldest," He moved his finger so it was over the boy standing in the middle of all of them, with a black fedora on and drumsticks in his hands. Luke moved his finger one final time, coming to the boy with colorful hair. "And here's Michael. He's dyed his hair, like, twenty times."