3.4 - dinner

5:17 PM

"Oh my God, Luke, you're acting like you haven't eaten in days." Skylar laughed, nudging Luke's foot with hers from under the table.

They were currently at this little diner just a few blocks away from the hotel they were staying at and had just gotten their meals served to them, despite how many times Skylar tried to get Luke to go to McDonalds instead. But Luke insisted that they came here, because he wanted to take Skylar on a "propper date". She didn't argue with him any more after that, because she was too giddy over the fact that she was actually going on a date with someone like Luke.

Luke had ordered a cheeseburger - extra cheese, no lettuce - and was doing just as Skylar had said, eating like he hadn't seen food for days.

"Kissing you just works up such an appetite." Luke shrugged, winking back at Skylar. He picked up a napkin from the table and wiped off his mouth, that he had somehow managed to cover in ketchup.

"Oh, I'm sure it does." Skylar nodded, smiling as she looked down at her lap.

"We can kiss a little more later and test my theory out, if you want." Luke suggested, wiggling his eyebrows. Luke was a good kisser, Skylar didn't think she would even mind if they spent the whole night in the hotel room doing just that. Who cares about shopping and going out, Skylar just wanted to stay in and kiss Luke all night.

"Nah." Skylar joked, crinkling her nose at Luke as she took a sip of her drink. It was Root Beer, Luke ordered it for her because he remembered that it was her favorite from their game of 20 questions.

"Skylar," Luke gasped, putting a hand on his chest, mocking hurt. "I'm offended."

"You should be." Skylar teased him, sticking her tongue out.

"Eat your food, weirdo." Luke said, pointing to Skylar's plate in front of her. She had gotten a burger too - no cheese, extra lettuce - but she had hardly eaten since the food came to her table. She was just nervous, now that Luke was insisting that this was a date, she couldn't possibly eat when her stomach was swarming with butterflies.

"I am, I am," Skylar sighed, picking up the burger for a short second and taking the smallest bite she could possibly take.

Luke smiled as Skylar ate and stretched his legs out in front of him, wiggling his feet in between Skylar's. She liked when he did stuff like that, those little actions that showed that he just wanted to be closer to her. Skylar wished that she was as confident as Luke, she hardly ever did anything like that with him unless she was feeling extra bold, which was rare.

"Skylar," Luke sighed, resting his chin in the palm of his band, holding his head up by propping his elbow on the table.

"Luke," Skylar sighed in return, trying to mock him. She put her burger down and copied his actions, watching his eyes light up as he realized what she was doing.

"How long ago did we meet? Like, 12 hours, right?" Luke asked. He took his phone out from his pocket quickly and checked the time, ignoring all of the new messages and notifications he had, before putting it away again and returning his attention to Skylar.

"About 12 hours, yeah." Skylar shrugged. She hadn't even really thought about the fact that her and Luke only met that day, it didn't even really matter to her. She really liked his real personality, the one he hide from everyone else, and the way he treated her nicely. Skylar really didn't need much more than that to develop feelings for someone. She was the type to fall for any boy that was nice to her.