Chapter 70

---------- Chapter 70 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Haden’s POV)

            “So…” Alex breathes, setting down his cards.

A royal flush.

I swear he’s cheating! If only I could find out how.

Sighing, I push the two gold coins towards him.

            “So, what?” I ask, leaning against the couch in the living room.

Skye’s flat has become the command center ever since she and I came down here last week.

            “So, is being married everything it was cracked up to be?” he asks, smirking at me.

I chew on my lower lip as I deliberate.

The ladies are all in Skye’s room, gossiping about baby things.

Thankfully the guys came along to spring me out of this rut. Don’t get me wrong, I love being around Skye and I am excited about this baby…but when that’s all you do – for an entire week- you’re bound to go nuts!

            “I guess…I don’t know. I’ve only been married a week now,” I remind him.

Carter scoffs.

            “What?” I ask.

He and Matt share a look.

            “Haden, my boy, I may not be an expert in the field-” Carter begins before Alex’s loud guffaw stops him.

            “May not be an expert? Are you kidding? You’re not even married!”

Carter just narrows his eyes at him.

            “As I was saying – before I was so rudely interrupted – there are only two ways to respond when someone asks you how it feels being married. An immediate yes, or anything else which counts as a no.”

I roll my eyes at him.

That’s not it at all.

I love calling Skye my wife!

            “Trouble in paradise after one measly week?” Alex continues, still smirking.

            “Okay! Stop trying to scare me and deal the next hand,” I mutter.

The guys laugh – naturally – and Alex deals out the cards.

            “What’s the problem?” Matt asks.

And when he asks, I know it’s purely out of concern for me.

            “Nothing is wrong. It’s just that…marriage doesn’t feel so different. I guess Skye and I have been together so long that we’ve already done what most married couples do anyway,” I explain.

            “That’s what happens when you’re naughty and eat the cake before the party,” Alex murmurs.

Ugh! What a gross analogy!

The four of us are suddenly assaulted by high giggles. Great! I guess the ladies are moving their little party out here.

Perfect.

            “Hay!” Skye coos, walking over to me.

The smile on her face is contagious! God! I love her so much!