Chapter 65

---------- Chapter 65 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            “You look shocked,” Sean finally says, smiling easily.

            “How dare you McAllister! How dare you?!” Haden snarls, thrashing around in Carter’s grip.

            “He was smart! Which is more than I can say for you,” Sean says. “Oh! By the way, there’s someone who would like to see you.”

He gestures to the doors and it’s barely a minute before Mike walks through, looking murderously angry.

            “We’ll settle this right now! But let my courtiers leave! They have nothing to do with this,” Haden says.

At least it looks like he’s calmed down a little.

McAllister nods his head tightly and the scared courtiers shuffle out of the room. The doors are then sealed.

            “No! Skye has to leave!” Haden insists. “She’s a child! She isn’t trained to fight!”

McAllister smirks at that.

            “Are you kidding? You think we would let her go just like that?” he scoffs. “No! I have no intention of harming any of you too badly! I’ll have you thrown into the dungeon. I want her pretty head on a spike though,” he adds.

Sean snarls at that.

            “You don’t get to touch her! After we deal with the boy prince, my daughter comes with me! I’ll groom her to take over the Wraith kingdom,” he hisses.

            “What?” I demand.

Sean turns to me.

            “Skye, I respect you like I’ve never respected anyone before! You would make a brilliant princess! You don’t need that title from the boy! You can be a princess by your own right!” he whispers.

He’s insane!

            “Has everybody forgotten that I can’t die? What happens to Skye after I’m gone is moot! If anybody wants her, they go through me!” Haden mutters, wrapping an arm protectively around my waist.

And amazingly enough, Haden’s grandfather laughs.

Everyone else turns to stare at him.

            “All of you are naïve children, aren’t you?” he sighs. “All of you want the girl. Two of you want to protect the girl…how exactly do you think any of this is going to end?”

            “Grand-”

He just waves Haden away with his hand.

            “McAllister, I have no idea who you are, but you seem like a nasty piece of work. You oppose the prince, you bring in the kingdom’s biggest enemy and you have the audacity to remain standing here? Do you not realize my grandson could finish you off without getting his suit crumpled?” Lord Damian continues.

He then turns to Sean.

            “I gather you’re the lovely Skylar’s father. You step into an Enmortal stronghold and instead of striking, you talk? How did you become a general?” he mutters.

And finally he turns to Haden.

            “And you must be the stupidest of all! You have all the power boy! Do something!”