Chapter 69

---------- Chapter 69 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            “-I have no idea! Can’t you ask someone who knows?” Haden mutters to someone.

He sounds agitated; never a good thing.

With supreme effort, I open my eyes and slowly sit up on the bed.

Haden is across the room talking to Andrew. Haden seems to be packing a bag.

            “You running off somewhere?” I croak, rubbing my eyes.

Haden whirls around, grinning brightly at me.

            “How are you feeling, princess?” he asks. He crosses the room and comes to sit beside me on the bed.

            “Sleepy,” I mumble.

He smirks, kissing my forehead.

Andrew bows his head at me and makes a quick retreat.

            “So what’s going on? Decided you’re too young to be a daddy so you’re gonna ditch me?” I ask.

I’m only half-joking.

I know Haden is really afraid. And I also know that he tends to make crappy decisions when he is afraid.

Somewhere in that giant head of his, he may be trying to convince himself that it would be best for me and the baby for him to step out of our lives.

Just the thought of that has me grabbing his arm tightly.

            “Skye? Are you crazy? I would never leave you!” he insists solemnly, wrapping his hand over mine.

I give him a small smile.

            “That still doesn’t explain you packing a bag while I’m sleeping,” I point out.

He smirks, kissing my nose.

            “Well, you look about ready to pop,” he comments, rubbing my stomach. “I figured it would be prudent for us to go down to Earth and wait it off?”

Oh!

Of course!

That sounds so much like Haden!

            “Is that okay with you?” he prods.