Chapter 43

---------- Chapter 43 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An unfamiliar man approaches me and kneels down.         

               “General,” he says, bowing his head. “You wanted to see me?”

Did he just call me ‘general’? Why on Earth would he do that?!

               “Yes.”

My voice isn’t my own, it’s deeper, masculine. I’m dreaming, aren’t I? But who on earth am I?!

               “Are you alright sir? You look distressed,” the man comments.

I wave my hand – my incredibly large, gruff, man hands!

               “The boy is alive!” I hiss.

               “The boy, sir?”

Impatience floods me, and it takes supreme self-control not to lose my temper.

               “The Enmortal prince! He is alive and stronger than before! We were tricked!”

Oh my god!

I’m in Sean’s head!

This is just a dream though, right? It can’t be yet another prophetic vision!

               “That’s impossible, sir! I watched the funeral!” the man insists.

I release a loud sigh.

               “In your experience, do people tend to die multiple times?” I hiss. “The boy was supposed to have died months ago! Three days ago was the funeral! His father is dead! All that means is now the boy is even stronger! If we plan to make a move, it has to be now!” I say.

               “General...why the sudden-”

Once again, I silence him with a look.

               “He’s going to kill my daughter. I’ve seen it!”

What the hell?!

Haden’s...going to kill me?

               “Shh,” I suddenly say. “Do you feel that? That’s my daughter’s presence! Skylar? Where are you, Skylar?”

This has got to be the weirdest dream ever!

I’m Sean...and yet, not him. I can’t choose what he’s saying. It’s like I’m just trapped in his body.

               “Are you alright? I saw him hit you. I’ll take care of him!” I promise solemnly.

No!

Sean, no! It was an accident!

               “Wake up now!” I whisper.

***

I sit up on the bed, breathing heavily. I glance down at my lap; lady legs! Good sign!

I run my hands over myself, making sure everything is alright.

I hear a rustle from somewhere close by before a soft wolf whistle sounds.

               “That was kind of hot, Skye,” Haden whispers huskily, sitting down beside me on the bed.

I grab his hand tightly.

               “Haden, do I look like me?”

Haden nods his head, furrowing his brows. “Skye, are you-”