Chapter 3

---------- Chapter 3 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

               “So you’re really not going to call your boyfriend?” Blaine asks, lying down on my bed.

               “Well...no. I love him and all, but he’s much too busy to attend some stupid little college party,” I mumble, sitting on my dressing table stool, combing my hair.

               “I gotta correct you there. First off, this party is going to be huge! Hello! Brett’s throwing it! How can it be anything but huge?” Blaine says, ticking off a finger. “Secondly, what exactly is it that your boyfriend does that makes him too busy to spend time with you?”

I sigh inwardly. I hate this topic.

I don’t like not being able to tell my friends about my boyfriend, but it’s for the best; both for Haden’s safety and mine.

I play with my engagement ring, as I try to figure out how to answer.

               “Skye, the promise ring he gave you, is it a real diamond?” Blaine asks, his eyes locked on my hands.

I told him and Sienna that the ring is a promise ring. And in a way, it sort of is. I don’t really know how engagements work, but I don’t think it’s supposed to be the way it is with Haden and I. I like to think of the ring as a sort of promise he made to me to always want me and vice versa.

               “It is,” I mumble, grinning.

Blaine nods his head, lying back down on the bed. “You ready?”

I nod my head and get up.

We’re about to head over to the Witches’ Dorms to pick Sienna up. The three of us are going to Brett Taylor’s awesome house party! It’s going to be pretty epic!

***

Sienna, Blaine and I walk into Brett’s parent’s posh mansion.

Damn, he must be loaded!

His parents are away on their anniversary so he’s got the house to himself. And in true college fashion, he decided to throw the biggest party of the year!

               “This place is amazing!” Sienna shouts over the thumping bass.

               “He could live in a shack and you would still think it’s amazing!” Blaine quips, ducking behind me to avoid her slapping him.

               “Right! So meet back at Blaine’s car at two?” I call.

The other two nod their head and we manoeuvre our way towards the bar table at the back of the house.

We get our drinks and lean against the wall, scoping out the party.

               “We must be the geekiest here!” Sienna sighs.

               “Have some more to drink and we’ll be fine,” I tease, downing my shot.

I blanch in disgust at the taste. Still don’t like the taste, but I feel compelled to drink none the less.

               “Brett’s over there! I’m off!” Sienna calls, dancing her way over to him.

Brett is a half Enmortal-half Wizard, he’s one of the few halfies in the Institute. But because his father is a wizard, he shares quite a number of classes with Sienna. They’re pretty tight. I’m sure it’s only a matter of time before they end up together. Sienna is gorgeous after all!